On Saturday night after a short performance hiatus, the singer had a concert in St. Louis, MO.
While performing “Single Ladies”, she stopped for a surprise for her lead dancer, Ashley Everett. Out comes Ashley’s boyfriend, John Silver, who takes the mic from Beyoncé and addresses everyone in the room.
“St. Louis, what’s up?” he starts off. “I don’t know if y’all know this young lady, but she goes by the name of Ashley Everett. She’s my queen. So I feel like it’s only right to come out here in front of my hometown and show you guys what the epitome of a young woman looks like, that knows how to deal with all the nonsense and B.S. of a St. Louis N.I.G.G.A.”
The crowd erupted in laughter and applause.
“So baby I know that you don’t think I express my love to you in front of everybody. So I feel like what better time than now to do it in front of thousands of people. Ashley Everett, Will you marry me?”
And of course, she said “yes!”
But the best part was that right after he proposed, she composed herself enough to finish the choreography for “Single Ladies”.
As background: Everett has been dancing with Beyoncé for ten years, but has also worked with Usher, Ne-Yo, and Ciara. She also plays Peyton in VH1’s “Hit the Floor”. Her fiancee is also a dancer who’s worked with Nicki Minaj, Tinashe and Ne-Yo.
1. In 2015, Miley Cyrus revealed that she identifies as sexually fluid, telling Paper magazine, “I am literally open to every single thing that is consenting and doesn’t involve an animal and everyone is of age.”
1 of 12
2. Ricky Martin shocked the world when he came out as gay in 2010. The father of two once revealed, “I know that I like both men and women, I’m against sexual labels.”
2 of 12
3. After photos surfaced of her making out with Michelle Rodriguez, Cara Delevingne came clean about her bisexuality, saying, “It took me a long time to accept the idea, until I first fell in love with a girl at 20 and recognized that I had to accept it.”
3 of 12
4. Frank Ocean captivated the world with his songs about love and women. When he opened up about his experience falling in love with a guy, he garnered the attention of many more.
4 of 12
5. Lady Gaga has been open about her sexuality since the beginning of her career. After naysayers claimed it was all for marketing, she said, “This is who I am and who I have always been.”
5 of 12
6. After coming under fire for using the F bomb multiple times on social media, Azealia Banks defended herself, saying “I can’t be homophobic. I’m bisexual.”
6 of 12
7. Amber Rose has never been shy about her sexuality. She even openly admitted to being in a relationship with a girl, way before her Kanye days.
7 of 12
8. David Bowie was one of the most notable artists of all time, whose sexuality and gender bent all of the traditional rules.
8 of 12
9. Mel B once revealed that she was in a four-year relationship with a woman before.
9 of 12
10. In 2013, Zoe Saldana said that she “might end up with a woman raising my children. I’ve been attracted to the male species, but if one day I wake up and want to be with a woman, I will do that because it is my life, therefore it is my decision.”
10 of 12
11. Megan Fox told Esquire Magazine once, “I have no question in my mind about being bisexual.”
11 of 12
12. Angelina Jolie has always been open about her bisexuality. She once told OK Magazine, “I have loved women in the past and slept with them.”
12 of 12
Continue reading Beyoncé Helped Plan A Major Surprise For Lead Dancer, Ashley Everett
BIVISIBILITY: These Stars Are Bisexual & Proud
Today is “Celebrate Bisexuality Day,” check out a bunch of celebs who have identified as bisexual.