Travis Scott has been making major music waves as he tops the charts with his hip-hop/rock-filled music, while being praised because of his personal style, catching eyes of many including major fashion designers. Not to mention, he conquers the stage during his epic performances.
This week, the official cover of Paper Magazine‘s Living For Fashion issue has surfaced with Travis front and center. Others, like Kanye West‘s “Faded” protege, Teyana Taylor and Rita Ora also have their own covers for the exclusive issue.
Above, Scott rocks a jacket and trousers by Givenchy, shorts by Alexander Wang and a durag by Rags Worldwide.
Here, Travis Wears Jeans By Louis Vuitton and carries a blanket by Raf Simons from David Casavant archives.
Travis wears a shirt by Prada, shirt and socks by Supreme NY, shorts by Raf Simons from David Casavant archives, belt (top) by Gosha Rubchinskiy, belt (bottom) by Prada, and shoes by Adidas from David Casavant archives.
And last, Travis wears a shirts by Eckhaus Latta, trousers by Givenchy and belt by Dior Homme.
Though he’s only 24, the rapper, born Jacques Webster, has been working hard to achieve this kind of success for years. The son of a drummer and grandson of a music scholar who grew up in Missouri City,Texas, Scott recalls being bitten by the music bug early, but his eureka moment didn’t happen until he was 17 with the release of Kid Cudi’s acclaimed debut Man on the Moon:The End of Day. “I was like whoa, this is a route you can take like therapy,” he recalls, comparing Cudi’s sounds to an escape from reality. Under pressure from his parents to go to college, he enrolled at the University of Texas at San Antonio before transferring to the University of Texas at Austin, but says he often blew the money his parents sent him for “books and shit” on studio equipment and flights to NewYork and Los Angeles for meetings with record executives. He eventually dropped out of school to pursue music full-time and re-christened himself “Travis Scott,” a moniker inspired by a favorite uncle.
1. In 2015, Miley Cyrus revealed that she identifies as sexually fluid, telling Paper magazine, “I am literally open to every single thing that is consenting and doesn’t involve an animal and everyone is of age.”
1 of 12
2. Ricky Martin shocked the world when he came out as gay in 2010. The father of two once revealed, “I know that I like both men and women, I’m against sexual labels.”
2 of 12
3. After photos surfaced of her making out with Michelle Rodriguez, Cara Delevingne came clean about her bisexuality, saying, “It took me a long time to accept the idea, until I first fell in love with a girl at 20 and recognized that I had to accept it.”
3 of 12
4. Frank Ocean captivated the world with his songs about love and women. When he opened up about his experience falling in love with a guy, he garnered the attention of many more.
4 of 12
5. Lady Gaga has been open about her sexuality since the beginning of her career. After naysayers claimed it was all for marketing, she said, “This is who I am and who I have always been.”
5 of 12
6. After coming under fire for using the F bomb multiple times on social media, Azealia Banks defended herself, saying “I can’t be homophobic. I’m bisexual.”
6 of 12
7. Amber Rose has never been shy about her sexuality. She even openly admitted to being in a relationship with a girl, way before her Kanye days.
7 of 12
8. David Bowie was one of the most notable artists of all time, whose sexuality and gender bent all of the traditional rules.
8 of 12
9. Mel B once revealed that she was in a four-year relationship with a woman before.
9 of 12
10. In 2013, Zoe Saldana said that she “might end up with a woman raising my children. I’ve been attracted to the male species, but if one day I wake up and want to be with a woman, I will do that because it is my life, therefore it is my decision.”
10 of 12
11. Megan Fox told Esquire Magazine once, “I have no question in my mind about being bisexual.”
11 of 12
12. Angelina Jolie has always been open about her bisexuality. She once told OK Magazine, “I have loved women in the past and slept with them.”
12 of 12
Continue reading Donned As Hip-Hop’s Newest Rock Star, Travis Scott Covers Paper Magazine
BIVISIBILITY: These Stars Are Bisexual & Proud
Today is “Celebrate Bisexuality Day,” check out a bunch of celebs who have identified as bisexual.