Being a late night host isn’t all peaches and cream. While it’s easy to be enamored with the thought of interviewing celebrities on a regular basis and being placed on the national forefront, the competition is steep. But Tonight Show host Jimmy Fallon has quickly reached the apex of his career by showcasing his unflappable wit on the big stage. It doesn’t matter if he’s going against Seth Meyers, Stephen Colbert, Jimmy Kimmel, or new kid on the block Trevor Noah, because the people love Fallon. Why? We think it has something to do with his no-holds-barred creativity and willingness to laugh at himself.
This year alone, Fallon delivered a lot of dope skits with some of his cocktail buddies, ranging from Justin Timberlake and Will Smith, to Terrence Howard. Let’s take a look at some of his funniest skits so far in 2015.
8. Jimmy Fallon Sings “Hello” With Lionel Richie’s Head
For you youngsters out there, Lionel Richie’s “Hello” was an infectious tune back in the ’80s. Lionel was able to croon into the hearts of any female he wanted thanks to his velvety smooth demeanor. For this skit, Jimmy paid homage to the old school singer in a very strange and bizarre way. Donning a curly red afro, Jimmy paints a portrait of Lionel. Then, as he begins singing “Hello,” Lionel’s head pops up from a desk and the two join in harmony. One has to wonder if Jimmy was a singer in his past life.
7. Good Burger
Good Burger is a ’90s classic. Kenan and Kel were the Kobe and Shaq of the Nickelodeon world. This formidable duo made us laugh over and over for years. So when Jimmy elected to do the unthinkable and bring back the comedic tag-team for a skit, he made us ’80s babies shed a tear or two. One time for Kenan and Kel holding it down.
6. Lip Sync Battle Between Kevin Hart, Will Ferrell, and Jimmy Fallon
Here’s another moment that didn’t involve Jimmy and friends saying anything funny. Jimmy teamed up with Kevin Hart and Will Ferrell for a lip sync battle. Let’s just say, everyone brought their A-game to the stage. From Will Ferrell lip syncing Queen Bey’s “Drunk in Love,” to Jimmy Fallon rocking out to Kelly Clarkson’s “Since You’ve Been Gone,” to Kevin Hart slowing it down for the ladies with his rendition of John Legend’s “All of Me,” these guys solidified their genius in a matter of 13 minutes. Bravo, fellas.
5. True Confessions With Colin Farrell & Vince Vaughn
Colin Farrell and Vince Vaughn proved to be a strong tandem team on their show HBO series, True Detective. For their skit with Jimmy, they interrogated each other in hopes of trying to extract “the truth.” Let’s just say we learned a lot of fun facts about Colin, Vince, and Jimmy. For one, Colin was once a murder suspect back in the day. Secondly, Jimmy has a strong disdain for mayo.
Who would have thought that Jimmy Fallon, Justin Timberlake, and Will Ferrell could make us laugh without even uttering a single word? That’s right. The comedic triumvirate was able to tell tall-tales just with their eyes. Silence is everything here.
3. Jimmy Fallon Went To Bayside High With Saved By The Bell Cast
Back in the day, we all wanted to attend Bayside with the legendary Zack Morris and company. With Zack at the helm, he made it cool to skip class and chase every girl during free period. So when Jimmy ruminated about his high school days, nobody thought he would hop back in the time machine and revisit Zack, Slater, Kelly, and Jessie. Let’s just say the group hasn’t aged a bit, especially Jessie. Slater, you were a lucky guy. As for Jimmy, we would have preferred him over Screech any day.
2. Kid Theater With Channing Tatum
In June, Channing Tatum stopped by The Tonight Show to promote his new movie Magic Mike XXL. In typical Jimmy fashion, he asked Channing to perform some lines from his newest endeavor. Sounds easy, right? Well, Fallon called on some elementary school kids to help spruce up the script to their liking. So, with a revamped script written by pesky fourth graders, Tatum and Fallon took on the daunting challenge of becoming Magic Mike, the bird, the alien, and the bike repairman. Just watch, because hilarity ensued.
1. Jempire (Empire Parody)
When Jimmy Fallon transformed into Terrence Howard’s character Lucious Lyon from Empire, we nearly lost our minds. His ability to flawlessly morph into Lyon was beyond hilarious. Watching Steve Higgins tackle the role of Cookie was beyond funny. The spat between Higgins and Lyon helped us realize how precious Empire is as a show. Of course, the stare-down between Terrence and Jimmy will go down in the history books. Moments like these explain why Fallon continues to crescendo in the world of late-night television.
VIDEO SOURCE: YouTube | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
20 Pictures Of Justin Timberlake Over The Years (PHOTOS)
1 of 20
1. We first met Justin on "The Mickey Mouse Club" back in the '90s.
2 of 20
2. He then went on to join N'Sync and ruled the later part of the decade with his bandmembers.
3 of 20
3. And they made very unfortunate fashion choices.
4 of 20
4. And also hairstyles.
5 of 20
5. Really, really bad hair choices.
6 of 20
6. He went on to date Britney Spears and this outfit happened at the 2001 VMAs.
7 of 20
7. He swapped the denim for a graffiti-themed get-up as he performed with Michael Jackson.
8 of 20
8. After disbanding N'Sync and consciously uncoupling from Britney Spears, Justin released his debut album "Justified," which earned him two Grammys.
9 of 20
9. After a three year hiatus, JT made a comeback with "Future Sex/Lovesounds," which produced some romantic classics.
10 of 20
10. He also ventured into the fashion biz, starting William Rast with longtime friend Trace Ayala.
11 of 20
11. Justin then found love with actress Jessica Biel. The two started dating in 2007.
12 of 20
12. He then took another break from his music and focused on acting, starring in "The Social Network" with Andrew Garfield and Jessie Eisenberg.
13 of 20
13. JT was also in "Friends With Benefits" alongside Mila Kunis.
14 of 20
14. The co-stars were so much like "brother and sister" that this boob/crotch grab happened at the 2011 VMAs.
15 of 20
15. He also showed his dramatic skills in "In Time" alongside Amanda Seyfried.
16 of 20
16. JT and Jess made it official and got married in Italy in 2012, after an almost year-long engagement.
17 of 20
17. Justin made a music comeback with "The 20/20 Experience" and got on his "Suit and Tie" ish with Jay Z.
18 of 20
18. The singer swept the 2013 American Music Awards after delivering a jaw-dropping performance of "Mirrors."
19 of 20
19. For his contributions to music, the multi-talented Justin earned the 2013 MTV Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award.
20 of 20
20. In 2014, JT and Jess are reportedly expecting their first child.
Jokes On Jokes: The 8 Funniest Jimmy Fallon Skits This Year was originally published on globalgrind.com
Report: Young Thug's Sister, Angela Grier Has Passed Away
Birthday Bash ATL 2023: Save The Date! June 17th @ State Farm Arena
Remembering The Life of Young Thug's Sister, Angela Grier [Photos]
23 Atlanta Slang Words And Phrases That Drive The Culture
Larsa Pippen Says She and Ex-Scottie Had Sex ‘4 Times a Night for 23 Years’
What Happened To Brandon Quintin Adams?
Register to Win: Free Oil Change + Car Wash Courtesy of Amerigroup Community Care
Does Young Thug Have a New Boo?! Meet ATL Baddie, Mariah The Scientist [Photos]