On Thursday, our nation suffered yet another tragic mass shooting, this time, at a community college in Oregon.
A total of nine people were left dead, in addition to another nine who were injured, when 26-year-old Chris Harper Mercer opened fire on staff and students at the institution. Like President Obama, many were torn apart by the news, so, citizens were dumbfounded when Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush said “stuff happens” in reference to the shooting.
After the tragic Umpqua Community College shooting, the nation started discussing gun control again, Bush making the shocking comment while arguing that we do not need new gun regulations.
Ironically, two years prior to the shooting, a Roseburg, Oregon sheriff also wrote a lengthy letter to Vice President Joe Biden, in it stating: “gun control is NOT the answer to preventing heinous crimes like school shootings.”
Read the entire letter here and leave your thoughts below.
SOURCE: Complex, Complex | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
Hero Army Veteran Student Shot 7 Times In Effort To Save Umpqua Classmates
Umpqua Community College Gunman Identified As Chris Harper Mercer
20 Pictures That Show The Powerful Resilience Of Charleston’s Mother Emanuel AME Church
1 of 20
1. Mother Emanuel AME Church held its first service since the shooting death of nine African-American church members on June 17.
2 of 20
2. People line up to enter for Sunday service at the Emanuel AME Church.
3 of 20
3. Two children wait to enter the Emanuel AME Church June 21, 2015 in Charleston, South Carolina.
4 of 20
4. A member of the church is seen outside of Emanuel AME before its first service since the Charleston shooting.
5 of 20
5. A Charleston County sheriff’s deputy checks bags as people line up to enter for Sunday service at the Emanuel AME Church.
6 of 20
6. Gloria Moore watches the church as parishioners take their seats at the Emanuel AME Church.
7 of 20
7. A woman prays as she attends the Sunday service outside of the Emanuel AME Church.
8 of 20
8. People pray and listen to the Sunday service outside of the Emanuel AME Church in Charleston, South Carolina.
9 of 20
9. Parishioners sit at Emanuel AME Church four days after a mass shooting that claimed the lives of its pastor and eight others.
10 of 20
10. The Rev. Norvel Goff, right, prays at the empty seat of the Rev. Clementa Pinckney.
11 of 20
11. South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley, R-S.C., embraces U.S. Sen Tim Scott, R-S.C., at Emanuel AME Church.
12 of 20
12. A parishioner prays at the empty seat of the Rev. Clementa Pinckney at the Emanuel AME Church.
13 of 20
13. The congregation departs following Sunday services at the Emanuel AME Church in Charleston, South Carolina.
14 of 20
14. A family is seen leaving Emanuel AME Church following Sunday services.
15 of 20
15. People embrace as they depart the Emanuel AME Church following Sunday services.
16 of 20
16. Church members comfort one another after Emanuel’s first service since the Charleston shooting.
17 of 20
17. Church members comfort one another outside of Emanuel.
18 of 20
18. A mother and son surround a memorial for the nine church members killed during the Charleston shooting.
19 of 20
19. Charleston natives comfort each other during the church’s first service since the shooting on June 17.
20 of 20
20. Activist DeRay McKesson is seen outside of Emanuel AME church.
Republican Presidential Candidate Jeb Bush Responds To Oregon Shooting: “Stuff Happens” was originally published on globalgrind.com
DC Young Fly's Partner, Jacky Oh Passed Away During Surgery
We Pregnant!: DC Young Fly & Jacky Oh Are Expecting Their Third Child
23 Atlanta Slang Words And Phrases That Drive The Culture
25 Celebs Smiling In Their Mugshots (PHOTOS)
DC Young Fly Says Chris Tucker Would Make Another ‘Friday’ Film Under One Condition [Details]
LOL: Kirk Franklin Had an ATL Club Praising The LAWD!
Birthday Bash ATL 2023: Save The Date! June 17th @ State Farm Arena
DC Young Fly Talks How Martin Lawrence Influenced His Character In House Party