Earlier this month, Selena Gomez checked herself into a rehab facility with the hopes of focusing on herself, according to new reports.
This should come as no surprise, as the “Good For You” singer canceled her Revival tour in late August and said in a statement to the press and fans: “I want to be proactive and focus on maintaining my health and happiness and have decided that the best way forward is to take some time off. Thank you to all my fans for your support. You know how special you are to me, but I need to face this head on to ensure I am doing everything possible to be my best. I know I am not alone by sharing this. I hope others will be encouraged to address their own issues.”
“The facility is a women’s only facility in a secluded wooded area,” a source told Radar. “She’s staying for more than 60 days.” Unlike some other high-profile celebrities who seek treatment in swank facilities to overcome substance abuse issues, Gomez’s rehab “is not a huge celebrity center or anything like that, and it’s not somewhere where Selena has any ties,” revealed the source. Indeed, a source told Radar Gomez that is NOT being treated for drug-related problems — and the root cause of her issues are related to her medical diagnoses, as well as depression.
The site continues: Noted the source, “The rehab has a Christianity-based track, which might have been appealing given her religious background.” During her two-month stay, Gomez is expected to participate in intense therapy sessions. There is also equine therapy available. Eventually, “Residents are allowed to leave as a group on occasion for day trips to the surrounding area,” said the source. An insider told Radar, “They’ve significantly heightened security since she checked in.”
Selena has gotten into a few public arguments with ex Justin Bieber recently and also suffered the loss of her good friend Christina Grimmie. We’re not sure if these incidents contributed to her decision to go to rehab, but we hope she’s back on her feet soon.
SOURCE: Radar Online | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
20 Gorgeous Photos Of Selena Gomez
1. Prepping & primping! Selena Gomez does an asymetrical cut for a Pantene photoshoot.1 of 13
2. Wow, she's actually sort of unforgettable.Source:Getty 2 of 13
3. And also, super irreplaceable.3 of 13
4. Sexy! Selena gets in tune with her inner bad girl.4 of 13
5. Everyday shit.5 of 13
6. Selena damn near bares it all.6 of 13
7. Selena & Hit-Boy on their way back from Mexico.7 of 13
8. Real beauty: The sun brings out her natural glow.8 of 13
9. Bedroom body! Selena gets sexy behind closed doors.9 of 13
10. Like, super chill.10 of 13
11. Just taking a walk on a Monday...11 of 13
12. Black and white smize.12 of 13
13. #Goals: Still gorgeous with food all over her face.13 of 13
Selena Gomez Checked Herself Into Rehab Earlier This Month was originally published on globalgrind.com