Common stopped by The Rickey Smiley Morning Show to chat about his new album, “Black America Again,” which drops on November 4th. He talks about a time he got suspended and subsequently ended up in big trouble with his mom, who was a school principal. Plus, he discusses the plethora of movie roles he’s been working on lately, and the films he has shot with major directors for his upcoming album.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Common also revealed the last 3 things he googled, his celebrity crush, and the best advice he was ever given. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive interview.
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” live weekdays 6-10am EST.
RELATED: Did Drake Betray Common? [EXCLUSIVE AUDIO]
RELATED: What Black People Should Consider Before Labeling Common A Sellout [EXCLUSIVE AUDIO]
RELATED: Common Reveals How An Abortion Helped Him Find His Life’s Purpose
PHOTOS OF THE DAY: Harry Styles, Rita Ora, Common, & More
10 photos Launch gallery
1. One Direction’s Harry Styles splashes water on some eager fans who were so turnt up by the group’s performance at MetLife Stadium, that people reported hearing screaming all the way to the turnpike.
1 of 10
2. Niall Horan accepts love from the crowd during One Direction’s New York tour stop.
2 of 10
3. Don’t play around. Our girl Jennifer Lopez was pictured doing her own stunts while filming scenes for the new show “Shades of Blue.”
3 of 10
4. Mariah Carey’s children Moroccan and Monroe Cannon get a bit restless as their mom received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
4 of 10
5. Scott Disick knows there’s nothing like taking your son Mason for a little Fro-Yo at Menchie’s in Calabasas.
5 of 10
6. Kelly Rowland shows us what perfection looks like while shopping in Santa Monica, CA.
6 of 10
7. Chris Brown shows off his brand new $165,000 Rezvani Beast supercar on set of the “Liquor” music video in Downtown Los Angeles.
7 of 10
8. Remember that time Common accidentally gave out his phone number on Twitter? Yeah, he does too. Here he is at AT&T in Beverly Hills.
8 of 10
9. Spike Lee is always willing to make a statement. Here he is holding up his peace sign necklace while wearing a “Guns Kill” t-shirt in downtown Manhattan.
9 of 10
10. Rita Ora parties at a nightclub in West Hollywood as she put on for the people.
10 of 10