Young M.A is being dragged by a New Orleans promoter who says she got him for $30K.
The Brooklyn rapper was set to perform at Studio 433, but rumor has it she left the venue just as quickly as she got there. According to the promoter, the crowd wasn’t big enough for her. He’s so angry, he even went as far as to release a video of himself and his crew screaming “My hood pissed off” as they waved guns around and threatened M.A, HipHopDX reports.
M.A addressed the accusations on Snapchat, saying, “It’s fucked up that I gotta make these videos before I do these shows now…’cause these n*ggas dragging my name in the dirt over some bullshit that ain’t ’cause of me.” In her video response, she shows fans how difficult things are behind the scenes, as she waits more than three hours for her driver to arrive.
“Listen, I just want to give a shoutout to all my supporters,” she adds. “If you fuck with me, please don’t believe everything you see in the media. Please. God knows, that’s all.”
Watch the promoter get out of pocket with his New Orleans crew above and tweet us your thoughts.
10 Rappers With Unexpected Side Businesses
1. Pharrell Williams recently announced he's teaming with upscale grocery store Dean & DeLuca to offer a line called "The Williams Family Kitchen" inspired by authentic recipes straight from the Williams family.Source:Getty 1 of 10
2. 2 Chainz never forgets where he came from. The rapper once revealed that he's a landlord in his hometown of Atlanta.Source:Getty 2 of 10
3. Lil Kim has always been about her coins. The Queen Bee teamed with North Carolina salon owner and cousin Katrise Jones to expand and franchise Jones’ Salon Se Swa brand to five salons.Source:Getty 3 of 10
4. One of the most unexpected business ventures in hip-hop history was Jay Z acquiring partial ownership of the New Jersey Nets, bringing them to play in his hometown of Brooklyn. Iconic!Source:Getty 4 of 10
5. Cam'ron has had some of the most innovative businesses in the rap game. He's had everything from his own line of cereal to capes to even owning his own chicken spot in Harlem.Source:Getty 5 of 10
6. Snoop Dogg has his hands in almost anything you can think of. One of his more unusual side projects is his chain of Snoopermarkets with Overstock.com.Source:Tech Crunch 6 of 10
7. Rick Ross put his money where his mouth is. The MMG Boss has built himself a small empire of Wingstop franchises.Source:Getty 7 of 10
8. Everyone knows 50 Cent is the ultimate hustler. The rapper/actor/producer made millions from his Vitamin Water deal and even invests in platinum mines in South Africa.Source:Getty 8 of 10
9. LL Cool J has been making moves since his career started many years ago. The rapper released a children’s book called "And the Winner Is…. ". It comes with a CD and is part of a Scholastic series called Hip Kid Hop. It's still available on Amazon.Source:Getty 9 of 10
10. Back in 2008, E-40 invested in Icepiks by E.D.K.O.: A studded toothpick held in the teeth of celebs like Chris Brown and Ja Rule for stylish purposes.Source:Splash 10 of 10
Why A New Orleans Promoter & His Crew Is Threatening Young M.A was originally published on globalgrind.com