Fresh off of her Olympic gold medal-winning performance at the 2016 Rio Games, Gabby Douglas is going full-speed ahead with her next gig and this one should be full of fun. It was just confirmed that Douglas along with singer Ciara, have both been added to the judges table at the upcoming Miss American pageant.
With the 2017 Miss America pageant only mere weeks away, it’s only natural that the list of celebrity judges is released to the public and this year’s judging just got a lot more interesting thanks to addition of both Gabby Douglas and Ciara.
E! News and Entertainment Weekly have all of the details surrounding the inclusion of both lovely ladies as judges for this year’s competition, which will ultimately crown a winner from one of the 50 states from a pool of 52 contestants.
Via E! News:
The Olympic gymnast is going to join the panel of judges at the 2017 Miss America Competition, the Miss America Organization announced Monday. The gold medal winner will also be joined be singer and actress Laura Marano for the highly anticipated event, which will see 52 women compete not only for the coveted crown but also for scholarships.
“Miss America has been such an amazing event for so many years and I am excited to have the opportunity to judge the competition this year,” said Douglas in a statement. “The contestants are a great example of strong women across America and I especially look forward to hearing the platforms that each of them will represent!”
Via Entertainment Weekly:
Ciara wants to see you 1, 2 step—or demonstrate whatever it is your talent may be! That’s because the newlywed Grammy winner is going to be a judge at the 2017 Miss America Competition, the Miss America Organization announced Wednesday. Ciara is the final member of the panel, which consists of her, Olympic gymnast Gabby Douglas, Mavericks owner and entrepreneur Mark Cuban, actresses Sara Foster and singer Cole Swindell.
The 2017 Miss America Competition will air live from Atlantic City’s Boardwalk Hall on Sunday, September 11 on ABC.
1. In 2015, Miley Cyrus revealed that she identifies as sexually fluid, telling Paper magazine, “I am literally open to every single thing that is consenting and doesn’t involve an animal and everyone is of age.”
1 of 12
2. Ricky Martin shocked the world when he came out as gay in 2010. The father of two once revealed, “I know that I like both men and women, I’m against sexual labels.”
2 of 12
3. After photos surfaced of her making out with Michelle Rodriguez, Cara Delevingne came clean about her bisexuality, saying, “It took me a long time to accept the idea, until I first fell in love with a girl at 20 and recognized that I had to accept it.”
3 of 12
4. Frank Ocean captivated the world with his songs about love and women. When he opened up about his experience falling in love with a guy, he garnered the attention of many more.
4 of 12
5. Lady Gaga has been open about her sexuality since the beginning of her career. After naysayers claimed it was all for marketing, she said, “This is who I am and who I have always been.”
5 of 12
6. After coming under fire for using the F bomb multiple times on social media, Azealia Banks defended herself, saying “I can’t be homophobic. I’m bisexual.”
6 of 12
7. Amber Rose has never been shy about her sexuality. She even openly admitted to being in a relationship with a girl, way before her Kanye days.
7 of 12
8. David Bowie was one of the most notable artists of all time, whose sexuality and gender bent all of the traditional rules.
8 of 12
9. Mel B once revealed that she was in a four-year relationship with a woman before.
9 of 12
10. In 2013, Zoe Saldana said that she “might end up with a woman raising my children. I’ve been attracted to the male species, but if one day I wake up and want to be with a woman, I will do that because it is my life, therefore it is my decision.”
10 of 12
11. Megan Fox told Esquire Magazine once, “I have no question in my mind about being bisexual.”
11 of 12
12. Angelina Jolie has always been open about her bisexuality. She once told OK Magazine, “I have loved women in the past and slept with them.”
12 of 12
Continue reading Gabby Douglas And Ciara To Judge Miss America Pageant
BIVISIBILITY: These Stars Are Bisexual & Proud
Today is “Celebrate Bisexuality Day,” check out a bunch of celebs who have identified as bisexual.