It’s about to get handled in Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt’s divorce: The Oscar-winning actress has tapped real-life crisis manager Judy Smith to help her with her case. According to People, sources have confirmed that the Smith, who Scandal is inspired by, is consulting with Jolie’s legal team.
“Judy has been asked to consult with those working with Angelina on divorce negotiations,” a source told the entertainment and lifestyle publication. “Judy and her firm have a long history of handling issues that have unfortunately garnered too much attention in the public eye, and she knows how to push towards resolutions that are swift and discreet.”
Smith, 57, began her career as deputy press secretary under former President George H. W. Bush and since leaving the White House she has “handled” a plethora of celebrity clients and their scandals including Monica Lewinsky,Paula Deen and Michael Vick, the Huffington Post noted. And she also serves as co-executive producer and consultant on Shonda Rimes‘ hit ABC drama “Scandal.”
As previously reported, Jolie shocked the world when she filed for divorce on September 19 citing irreconcilable differences. She is being represented by Hollywood’s fiercest divorce lawyer, Laura Wasser and is reportedly asking for physical custody of their six children, offering Pitt visitation rights.
Jolie and Pitt wed in August of 2014 after dating for 10 years.
1. In 2015, Miley Cyrus revealed that she identifies as sexually fluid, telling Paper magazine, “I am literally open to every single thing that is consenting and doesn’t involve an animal and everyone is of age.”
1 of 12
2. Ricky Martin shocked the world when he came out as gay in 2010. The father of two once revealed, “I know that I like both men and women, I’m against sexual labels.”
2 of 12
3. After photos surfaced of her making out with Michelle Rodriguez, Cara Delevingne came clean about her bisexuality, saying, “It took me a long time to accept the idea, until I first fell in love with a girl at 20 and recognized that I had to accept it.”
3 of 12
4. Frank Ocean captivated the world with his songs about love and women. When he opened up about his experience falling in love with a guy, he garnered the attention of many more.
4 of 12
5. Lady Gaga has been open about her sexuality since the beginning of her career. After naysayers claimed it was all for marketing, she said, “This is who I am and who I have always been.”
5 of 12
6. After coming under fire for using the F bomb multiple times on social media, Azealia Banks defended herself, saying “I can’t be homophobic. I’m bisexual.”
6 of 12
7. Amber Rose has never been shy about her sexuality. She even openly admitted to being in a relationship with a girl, way before her Kanye days.
7 of 12
8. David Bowie was one of the most notable artists of all time, whose sexuality and gender bent all of the traditional rules.
8 of 12
9. Mel B once revealed that she was in a four-year relationship with a woman before.
9 of 12
10. In 2013, Zoe Saldana said that she “might end up with a woman raising my children. I’ve been attracted to the male species, but if one day I wake up and want to be with a woman, I will do that because it is my life, therefore it is my decision.”
10 of 12
11. Megan Fox told Esquire Magazine once, “I have no question in my mind about being bisexual.”
11 of 12
12. Angelina Jolie has always been open about her bisexuality. She once told OK Magazine, “I have loved women in the past and slept with them.”
12 of 12
Continue reading Angelina Jolie Hires The Real-Life Olivia Pope To Help Handle Her Divorce
BIVISIBILITY: These Stars Are Bisexual & Proud
Today is “Celebrate Bisexuality Day,” check out a bunch of celebs who have identified as bisexual.