While we still don’t know if the sequel will see the light of day, the original Space Jam is set to hit theaters for its 20th anniversary.
Fathom Events recently announced that it will re-release the classic 1996 film in over 450 U.S. theaters for two days. The film — which was Michael Jordan‘s introduction to acting — starred Bill Murray along with NBA vets Larry Bird, Charles Barkley, Patrick Ewing— and we can’t forget Bugs Bunny.
“Space Jam has been a family favorite for the last 20 years and is sure to remain so for the next 20 and beyond,” Tom Lucas, Fathom Events vice president of studio relations, said in a press statement. “This event is the perfect chance for audiences of all ages to view the film as it was meant to be seen—on the big screen.”
The movie also led to one of most sought-after Air Jordan’s ever, aptly nicknamed the Space Jams.
Space Jam will play at participating theaters on November 13 and 16. Hit up FathomEvents.com for showtimes and details.
For some added nostalgia, be sure to check out the official Space Jam site that’s still stuck in the ’90s.
1. In 2015, Miley Cyrus revealed that she identifies as sexually fluid, telling Paper magazine, “I am literally open to every single thing that is consenting and doesn’t involve an animal and everyone is of age.”
1 of 12
2. Ricky Martin shocked the world when he came out as gay in 2010. The father of two once revealed, “I know that I like both men and women, I’m against sexual labels.”
2 of 12
3. After photos surfaced of her making out with Michelle Rodriguez, Cara Delevingne came clean about her bisexuality, saying, “It took me a long time to accept the idea, until I first fell in love with a girl at 20 and recognized that I had to accept it.”
3 of 12
4. Frank Ocean captivated the world with his songs about love and women. When he opened up about his experience falling in love with a guy, he garnered the attention of many more.
4 of 12
5. Lady Gaga has been open about her sexuality since the beginning of her career. After naysayers claimed it was all for marketing, she said, “This is who I am and who I have always been.”
5 of 12
6. After coming under fire for using the F bomb multiple times on social media, Azealia Banks defended herself, saying “I can’t be homophobic. I’m bisexual.”
6 of 12
7. Amber Rose has never been shy about her sexuality. She even openly admitted to being in a relationship with a girl, way before her Kanye days.
7 of 12
8. David Bowie was one of the most notable artists of all time, whose sexuality and gender bent all of the traditional rules.
8 of 12
9. Mel B once revealed that she was in a four-year relationship with a woman before.
9 of 12
10. In 2013, Zoe Saldana said that she “might end up with a woman raising my children. I’ve been attracted to the male species, but if one day I wake up and want to be with a woman, I will do that because it is my life, therefore it is my decision.”
10 of 12
11. Megan Fox told Esquire Magazine once, “I have no question in my mind about being bisexual.”
11 of 12
12. Angelina Jolie has always been open about her bisexuality. She once told OK Magazine, “I have loved women in the past and slept with them.”
12 of 12
Continue reading ‘Space Jam’ Is Returning To Theaters For Its 20th Anniversary
BIVISIBILITY: These Stars Are Bisexual & Proud
Today is “Celebrate Bisexuality Day,” check out a bunch of celebs who have identified as bisexual.