You grew up listening to R&B classics written and performed by John Whitehead but how much do you know about the late R&B singer? Here’s a few facts about the R&B legend.
- John Whitehead was part of the McFadden and Whitehead duo.
- Whitehead wrote and produced popular 70’s R&B hits.
- Whitehead and Gene McFadden formed a group and were discovered by Otis Redding.
- The duo joined Philly International Records where they wrote hit songs such as “Back Stabbers” for The O’Jays.
- McFadden and Whitehead’s most popular song was “Ain’t No Stoppin Us Now” which went to #1 on the R&B charts in 1979.
- In 2004, Whitehead was murdered in Philadelphia while repairing his car.
- The murder case remains unsolved to this day.
- Whitehead is the father of both members of the 90’s duo, the Whitehead Brothers.
For more on the late soul singer tune into TVOne’s “Celebrity Crime Files” Monday, August 12 at 9pm.
READ MORE HOT ENTERTAINMENT COVERAGE ON THEURBANDAILY.COM:
Who is Bumpy Johnson? 8 Facts About The Legendary Harlem Druglord
R. Kelly Tells His Side In New Single ‘My Story’ [New Music]
Daniel “Boobie” Gibson Arrested For Assault & Battery
Who Is John Whitehead? 8 Facts About The R&B Legend was originally published on theurbandaily.com
Birthday Bash ATL 2023: Save The Date! June 17th @ State Farm Arena
What Happened To Brandon Quintin Adams?
23 Atlanta Slang Words And Phrases That Drive The Culture
Comedian Luenell Poses Nude For Penthouse [Pics Included]
What Are Slider Crimes And Why Are Thieves Taking Advantage
Drake a Munch?! Meet Ice Spice, Drizzy's Rumored Sneaky Link [Photos]
Larsa Pippen Says She and Ex-Scottie Had Sex ‘4 Times a Night for 23 Years’
Pi Day: ATL’s Best Black-Owned Pizzeria, Ryan Cameron’s “Dough Boy Pizza”