Actress Terri J. Vaughn, most notably known for her adorably endearing role of Lovita Alizé Jenkins on “The Steve Harvey Show,” recently announced that she’s expecting her third child with fellow actor, Karon Joseph Riley!
The 44-year-old actress appeared on CocoaFab’s new web series, The Organized Home where she linked up with the show’s host, Denise Gordon to throw a party for her girlfriends to announce her pregnancy. “I feel so excited to be able to grow our family and bring another life into the world,” Terri gushed. “Mentally, physically and spiritually I feel grounded and ready to receive this blessing! I’m grateful to be chosen by God to be a mother,” Terri gushed. Terri and Karon have two boys, Daylen, 12 and Kal’El, 5 and can’t wait to welcome their new baby into their loving home this fall.
Must Read: FYI, You Need This: IMAN’s New CC Creme Is The Perfect Concealer For Dark Circles
Terri joins a growing list of Hollywood women who have chosen to bear children at an older age; stars like Kim Fields, Halle Berry, Mariah Carey and Nia Long to name drop a few. Many high profile women who have become pregnant in their forties, especially after the age of 45, did so with the help of donor eggs. The pregnancy risk over 45 is also increased. In the unlikely event that a woman over 45 becomes pregnant with her own eggs, the pregnancy risk over 45 results in a miscarriage rate of at least 50 percent. After 45, experts say, it’s almost impossible to get pregnant using your own eggs. But if you ask me–nothing is impossible. Many 40-plus women do get pregnant (obvi); some use fertility treatments and others luckily don’t have to. Recent studies have shown there may be benefits to waiting to have children, for both you and your child.
No matter how old you are when you get pregnant, timing has both advantages and disadvantages. Check the pros and cons out below.
1. You have more than enough time to live your life without being tied down with the responsibilities of having to take care of a child. While it’s surely a rewarding experience, it can also be one of the most time-consuming things you’ll ever commit yourself to.
2. You have more time to learn and grow with your partner, creating a stronger bond between you before introducing a child into your union.
3. You’re more than likely more established in your career and you’ll be able to provide a better life for your child–at least financially.
1. It can be harder to get pregnant, the longer you wait to conceive.
2. There are more complications in older-aged pregnancies. In your 40s, you’re far more likely to develop problems like high blood pressure and diabetes during pregnancy. Women over 40 have a higher risk of delivering a low-birth-weight or preterm baby. Stillbirth rates are also higher, and studies show that children born to older mothers may be at increased risk of type 1 diabetes and high blood pressure.
3. Let’s not forget about your man! Men are physically capable of fathering children in their 60s and even their 70s, however, sperm quality deteriorates with age, and there’s a higher rate of genetic defects like Down Syndrome and schizophrenia than there is with the sperm of younger men.
Congrats to Terri & Karon! And in case you’re over 40 and want to get pregnant, just know–it’s not impossible!
Kim Fields’ Second Son + 8 Celeb Moms Who’ve Had Babies After 40
Ciara Explains Why Pregnant Is The New Sexy [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
Check Out This Gallery Of Hot Celeb Moms!
Lovita Alizé Jenkins Is Pregnant + The Pros & Cons Of Giving Birth After 40 was originally published on hellobeautiful.com
23 Atlanta Slang Words And Phrases That Drive The Culture
Nick Cannon Gets ANOTHER Wild 'N Out Girl Pregnant; Meet Bre Tiesi [Photos]
Birthday Bash ATL 2023: Save The Date! June 17th @ State Farm Arena
Chris Bosh's Wife Responds to Lil Wayne's Claims He Slept with Her [VIDEO]
ATL Boot Girls On Why They Became The City's Newest Superhero
WHO'S HOT ARTIST SHOWCASE: YOUR CHANCE TO OPEN UP FOR BIRTHDAY BASH ATL!
LOL: Lil Durk Gave These Rappers Nicknames
DISNEY'S THE LITTLE MERMAID [REGISTER HERE]