Marist College and NBC News have released a poll that reveals a majority of White people (52 percent) believe that local police forces treat White and Black people “equally.” Pause–records screeching and all of that!
According to the same researchers of this study, the percentage is the highest it’s been since conducting such studies of similar content or questions for Marist and NBC since 1995. Um….where exactly did they find these people?! Have they not watch the news and seen Michael Brown, Tamir Rice or Eric Garner?
This is what I don’t understand when it comes to studies like this. Do they purposely go out and find White people who are secretly racist or delusional to the world around them? For every White person you see on TV joining the marches and holding up signs that read #BlackLivesMatter ,information like this study gets passed around and once again we’re all left confused. Are Black people fighting this battle of systematic racism on our own? I have yet to meet a White person in real life behave or say something like this in public (at least in recent memory), so where are these people from?
Also, within this study, Black or African-Americans were at a lower percentage in believing the police treated everyone fairly. Well, duh.
What do you think of this story beauties? Sound off in the comments below.
#ICantBreathe: Protestors Demand Justice For Eric Garner
1. Eric Garner's Life Will Not Be Stolen In Vain1 of 31
2. Eric Garner Supporters Stop NYC's Busiest Commuters In Their Tracks2 of 31
3. Grand Central Station Die-In3 of 31
4. Protestors In NYC Demonstrating A Die-In4 of 31
5. Don't Shoot. I'm Black.5 of 31
6. Justice Denied6 of 31
7. Reverend Al Sharpton Marches7 of 31
8. Police Standoff With Protestors8 of 31
9. A Man Gets Gets Arrested While Protesting9 of 31
10. A Protestor Gets Arrested10 of 31
11. Ferguson Is Everywhere11 of 31
12. I Can't Breathe12 of 31
13. NYC Die-In13 of 31
14. I Might Be Next14 of 31
15. United We Stand15 of 31
16. NYC Protestors Run16 of 31
17. NYPD Officers Block Protestors17 of 31
18. Eric Garner Died Because Of Loose Cigarettes18 of 31
19. Grand Central Station Die-In19 of 31
20. White Man Chokes Himself For Eric Garner20 of 31
21. Demilitarize The Police21 of 31
22. Protestors Blocking An Intersection In Washington, D.C.22 of 31
23. Enough Is Enough23 of 31
24. Black Lives Matter24 of 31
25. Protestors Interrupt Commuters Trying To Get Home25 of 31
26. Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony Attended By Protestors26 of 31
27. Grand Central Station27 of 31
28. Teaching Our Children Their Lives Matter28 of 31
29. Tears For Eric Garner29 of 31
30. Black Lives Matter30 of 31
31. Philadelphia's Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony Attending By Eric Garner Supporters31 of 31
52 Percent Of White People Believe The Police Treats Everyone Fairly was originally published on hellobeautiful.com