50 Cent is gearing up for the second season premiere of his hit television show Power on Saturday, June 6th.
The new episodes pick up at the conclusion of last season: James “Ghost” St. Patrick is doubling down on his drug business to save his nightclub and dream of a legitimate future.
Ghost’s work troubles pale in comparison to the complexity of juggling his relationship with his wife, Tasha, and first love, Angela, who is an Assistant United States Attorney investigating his drug organization.
Thing get turned up quick in season 2. Ghost’s business partner and best friend Tommy, who loves the drug game, gets ideas and his former mentor, Kanan, is fresh out of jail and looking for revenge.
I sat down with the actor who plays Tommy, Joseph Sikora and 50 cent, who plays Kanan, to get the scoop on the mindset of their on-screen characters heading into season 2.
Plus, 50 also told me what happened when he ran into Taraji P. Henson at an event.
“I wanted to kiss her ass, she was so pretty. She had that black dress on I was like come here girl.”
Watch the interview above.
VIDEO CREDIT: YouTube
20 Reasons Taraji P. Henson Is Our Favorite Girl In Hollywood (PHOTOS)
1. Because that one eyebrow is ALWAYS on fleek.1 of 20
2. Because she's a Howard University woman.2 of 20
3. Because she's serving EVERYTHING on Fox's new hit show "Empire."3 of 20
4. Because we all have a little "Yvette" from "Baby Boy" in us. (And some of us have had a Jody in our lives too).4 of 20
5. Because somehow she manages to make every selfie on Instagram look like a full-fledged photoshoot.5 of 20
6. Because she's never afraid to take off the heels and just be a down chick.6 of 20
7. Because she's never hesitant to show love to other sisters in Hollywood.7 of 20
8. Because this reminds us of something we would do in the pool. Basically...we're all Taraji.8 of 20
9. Because she uses her celebrity for the causes that mean the most.9 of 20
10. That hair!10 of 20
11. Because her filmography is more diverse than people who've been in the game longer than her (and we must say...better).11 of 20
12. Because she rocked this patterned ensemble on the 'Gram and now we wish we had one.12 of 20
13. Because no matter the role, the time period, or the emotion, she's spot on.13 of 20
14. Did we mention the hair?14 of 20
15. All of these movies...ALL OF THEM.15 of 20
16. Because she got a chance to do this to Idris Elba. It's not fair, but that's our girl, so we're happy for her.16 of 20
17. Because she's always a little DMV (D.C., Maryland, Virginia) wherever she goes (even when she's rocking a NY hat).17 of 20
18. There goes that hair...18 of 20
19. Need we say more?19 of 20
20. And because she'll always be the relatable girl next door that we love. Never change, Taraji!20 of 20
50 Cent Admits He Wanted To Kiss Taraji After Issues Over Empire was originally published on globalgrind.com