Mexican-American rapper Kap G burst onto the music scene when his autobiographical song “F*ck La Policia” went viral on the ‘net.
Fast forward a few years, the Atlanta native found himself on CNN alongside T.I. and David Banner discussing police brutality and equality for Black and brown people in America. Kap G, born George Ramirez, stopped by GlobalGrind’s offices to discuss his new role in the coming-of-age comedy Dope and following his dreams.
Many of Kap’s dreams stem from being the son of undocumented Mexican immigrants who settled in College Park, Georgia to pursue the American Dream and give their children a better life. Kap also discussed the stresses of being an immigrant, deportation, and racial stereotypes.
Catch Kap G in the movie Dope starring Shameik Moore, A$AP Rocky, and Zoe Kravitz this Friday, June 19. Also, keep your eyes peeled for his forthcoming debut album.
Watch Kap G in our exclusive interview up top.
Zevolution: 20 Times Zoe Kravitz Effortlessly Slayed Her Drip
1. Zoe rocks flare jeans in 2005.Source:Wenn 1 of 17
2. Zoe looks sweet and innocent on the red carpet in 2007.Source:Wenn 2 of 17
3. Zoe chops her bangs for a slightly darker look.Source:Wenn 3 of 17
4. Zoe's personal style gets an edge.Source:Wenn 4 of 17
5. Zoe rocks bold print and a slit on the red carpet.Source:Wenn 5 of 17
6. All grown up. Zoe channels Michelle Pfeiffer in "Scarface" and nails it.Source:Wenn 6 of 17
7. Zoe strolls through NYC in quirky hat and sunglasses.Source:Wenn 7 of 17
8. Zoe looks cute and stylish in white mini dress and blue tights.Source:Wenn 8 of 17
9. Zoe shows some skin in all black everything.Source:Wenn 9 of 17
10. More skin and more all black everything.Source:Wenn 10 of 17
11. Zoe takes a break on the darker colors and goes for a more angelic look.Source:Wenn 11 of 17
12. Zoe looks cozy and fashion forward in NYC.Source:Wenn 12 of 17
13. Zoe rocks platinum blonde hair and a plunging red dress for the red carpet.Source:Wenn 13 of 17
14. Zoe looks cool and stylish in NYC.Source:Wenn 14 of 17
15. Zoe looks sleek and sophisticated and lets her long hair flourish in a black dress.Source:Wenn 15 of 17
16. Grown and sexy.Source:Wenn 16 of 17
17. Met Gala 2017.Source:Getty 17 of 17
Kap G Opens Up About His Undocumented Parents, Pharrell Cosign, & “Dope” Movie Role was originally published on globalgrind.com