Over the weekend, Joe Jackson suffered a stroke during a celebration for his 87th birthday in Brazil. According to his publicist, Joe’s heart stopped three times while in Sao Paulo and he was taken to Albert Einstein hospital. Shortly after, he released a statement saying, “I should be able to make a quick recovery.”
Despite Joe’s optimism, Entertainment Tonight is reporting that Janet has taken a private jet to Sao Paulo. The “No Sleeep” songstress will remain by her father’s side in the hospital until he is stable. Earlier, she sent him a sweet birthday message on Twitter.
Janet’s tour is still scheduled to kick off on August 31.
SOURCE: PEOPLE | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
Janet Jackson's Most Unforgettable Moments
1. Janet's "Rhythm Nation" performance was nothing short of legendary.Source:Getty 1 of 9
2. The infamous "wardrobe malfunction" during the Super Bowl halftime show.Source:Getty 2 of 9
3. When she performed a moving tribute to brother Michael during the 2009 MTV VMAs.Source:Getty 3 of 9
4. The world first fell in love with Janet when she played Penny on "Good Times."Source:Getty 4 of 9
5. The reason why we're all calling them "Poetic Justice braids."Source:Getty 5 of 9
6. Who could forget her ultra sexy performance while accepting the MTV Icon Award?Source:Getty 6 of 9
7. The only thing better than Janet? Janet AND Michael, together.Source:Getty 7 of 9
8. The Rolling Stone magazine cover that stopped the world.8 of 9
9. 1990s fine.Source:Getty 9 of 9
Janet Jackson Puts Tour Prep On Hold To Fly To Father’s Bedside was originally published on globalgrind.com