In an interview with AP, the “Trap Queen” artist spoke about the album, which he says has been finished for two months. Despite reports of a September 25 release, his manager told Karen Civil that date is tentative.
Fetty has seen all of his singles blow up: “Trap Queen” has chilled in the Top 10 since its release last March, while his respective singles “My Way” and “678” sit at No. 10 and No. 17 on the Hot 100 chart. The New Jersey rapper touched on his ability to coast the rap and pop lines with ease. Just last week, he performed “Trap Queen” with Taylor Swift during her “1989” tour.
“I really didn’t know I was going to be doing music,” he told AP. “I guess it’s just raw. … Everybody sounds like everybody else.”
Kate Hudson, who is starring in the upcoming Richard Pryor biopic with Mike Epps, also jammed out to Fetty’s single with her son on the ‘Gram:
Are you ready for Fetty’s debut album?
SOURCE: AP | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
20 Photos Of Rihanna & Melissa Doing All The Things Besties Do
1. Melissa and RiRi show off the goods for Crop Over 2015.1 of 12
2. Best friends get one another through their friends' stressful weddings.2 of 12
3. Go best friend, that's my best friend!3 of 12
4. They take amazing selfies.4 of 12
5. And Rihpost each other's flawlessness.5 of 12
6. They accompany one another to star-studded events.6 of 12
7. They celebrate 4/20 together.7 of 12
8. They get money together.8 of 12
9. They laugh together.9 of 12
10. They mean-mug together.10 of 12
11. They do wet-and-wavy weave together.11 of 12
12. Best friends drink together.12 of 12
Fetty Wap Likely To Release Debut Album In September was originally published on globalgrind.com