It pays to be an EDM DJ.
What does a highest paid DJ list have to do with Taylor Swift? Well, her UK bae Calvin Harris tops the list after he netted $66 million last year. Not only did Calvin score a seven figure deal with Giorgio Armani, but he also had a number one dance album and scored a huge Las Vegas residency.
Although EDM DJs continue to rack up on the electronic dance craze, the cash flow in the business is slowing down considerably. According to Forbes, between the years 2012 and 2013, DJs saw a 108 percent increase in cash flow. Last year, on the other hand, was a very different story. Between 2014 and 2015, DJs only saw a 2.5 percent increase in their salaries.
Check out the full list below.
Forbes – Highest Paid DJs
1. Calvin Harris (Scotland) – $66 million
2. David Guetta (France) – $37 million
3. Tiësto (Netherlands) — $36 million
4 & 5. Skrillex & Steve Aoki (U.S.A.) — $24 million
6. Avicii (Sweden) — $19 million
7. Kaskade (U.S.A.) — $18 million
8 & 9. Martin Garrix (Netherlands) & Zedd (Russia/Germany) — $17 million
10. Afrojack (Netherlands) — $16 million
11 & 12. Deadmau5 (Canada) & Diplo (U.S.A.) — $15 million
SOURCE: Forbes | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
11 Pictures Of Taylor Swift Kinda Doing Cool Things (PHOTOS)
1. Taylor Serving Face...& A Little Bit Of Sexy - A Little.1 of 11
2. Only A Real Ryda Rocks A Cat Jacket.2 of 11
3. Everybody catching bullet holes...they got Taylor on her bully, YO!3 of 11
4. Taylor Swagged All Over Halloween With This Costume.4 of 11
5. This Looks Fun.5 of 11
6. Busting Caps Out The Bubble Gun.6 of 11
7. Unicorn Flow.7 of 11
8. Everyone Likes Art, Right?8 of 11
9. The Good Ol' Slip 'N Slide Always Comes In Handy.9 of 11
10. Penthouse Buildings With Spectacular Views.10 of 11
11. Pool Table Skills On Fleek!11 of 11
Bank Rolls & Fist Pumps: Forbes Ranks The Highest Paid DJs was originally published on globalgrind.com