Andrew Wardle never had a penis, but in his new TLC documentary, he’s going to get one built from his arm.
Andrew was born with a condition called bladder exstrophy, meaning his bladder formed on the outside of his body. As a result, he never developed a penis.
In an interview with PEOPLE, the 40-year-old UK resident explains how he fell into a deep depression as a teenager. He started taking drugs and partying to escape his reality and embarrassment. “I thought I was going to end up dying from all the drugs,” Andrew admitted. “I just didn’t even care.”
It wasn’t until he was 33 years old that he heard about a surgery that could give him a fully working penis, and he’s fine with his secret now being public knowledge. “I’m at the age where I really don’t care,” he says. “Since I hit 40, I don’t care what people think or do.”
“They told me they could build a penis out of my arm,” Andrew says about the four operations he’ll soon undergo.
Doctors will get the necessary muscle and skin grafted from his right forearm to create a fully working penis. With this huge emotional weight on his shoulders, he’s lucky enough to have his girlfriend, Fedra, by his side. She was unaware of his secret when they initially started dating, but she has accepted him wholeheartedly. “She’s a really nice girl,” he says. “She’s on board 100 percent.”
Wardle’s documentary, The Man With No Penis, airs Monday, Oct. 5 on TLC.
SOURCE: PEOPLE | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty | VIDEO SOURCE: TLC/Brightcove
1 of 12
1. At the age of 16, Kim Fields decided to undergo breast reduction surgery. Years later, while starring on "Living Single," producers wrote that detail into her story line.
2 of 12
2. After Mother Nature presented her with two very large assets – double D's to be exact – Drew Barrymore took matters into her own hands. At the age of 17, Barrymore went under the knife to downsize. After her surgery, she reemerged more confident than ever! "I really love my body and the way it is right now," Drew told the New York Daily News in 1998.
3 of 12
3. During the early 2000s, Queen Latifah shed some serious pounds! There's one area, however, that didn't shrink with the rest of her body – her breasts. Unable to bare the weight of her enormous breasts, Latifah underwent breast reduction surgery. Queen Latifah downsized her "E or F" size breasts to double D's.
4 of 12
4. After two botched surgeries, Denise Richards went under the knife once more to correct prior mistakes and downsize her D-size breasts.
5 of 12
5. After toying with the idea of implants for a long time, "Glee" star Heather Morris finally gave in to her desires. Unfortunately for Heather, she discovered that beauty – at least her idea of it – was pain. Unable to bare it any longer, Morris made her way back to the plastic surgeon to have her implants removed.
6 of 12
6. In an effort to switch up her look, Victoria Beckham had her breast implants removed in 2009.
7 of 12
7. The matriarch of the Osbourne clan underwent plastic surgery to have her implants removed in 2011. Though a year prior to her surgery she joked about the weight of her implants, her reasons for removing them were far more serious. "One morning I woke up and one of my boobies was kind of much longer than the other," she revealed on The Talk. "So I'm looking, thinking, 'This isn't right.' I went to a fabulous surgeon and she said to me the implant was leaking. I had them taken out. It had leaked into the wall of my stomach."
8 of 12
8. After years of being taunted for her large breasts, Soleil Moon Frye traded in her 38-DD's for a modest 36-C. She was just 15-years-old at the time!
9 of 12
9. Funny-woman Roseanne Barr underwent breast reduction surgery as a way of reclaiming her body. After major weightloss, Roseanne found that her breasts just weren't what they used to be. "They were like French bread," she told PEOPLE in 2003. "They're round, not oblong now."
10 of 12
10. Fearing that she'd never be taken seriously as a comedian with her large breasts, Janeane Garofalo underwent breast reduction surgery early in her career. The operation brought her from a "36-C or D" down to a B cup.
11 of 12
11. After birthing and breastfeeding four children, "Everybody Loves Raymond" star Patricia Heaton decided to treat herself to a little makeover! Heaton went under the knife for breast reduction surgery to "fit into the gowns that I finally got to wear."
12 of 12
12. Known for her large breasts, Pamela Anderson shocked everyone when she downsized in 1999. Luckily, it wasn't long before the girls were back up to the DD's we have all grown to know and love!
Man With No Penis Is About To Have One Built From His Arm was originally published on globalgrind.com