Paranormal Activity in Hollywood comes to an end today with the release of Paranormal Activity: The Ghost Dimension, the sixth film in the franchise. And while there are always a ton of scary movies out around Halloween, there’s an argument to be made that Paranormal Activity is one of the best horror franchises of all time.
I spoke with producer Jason Blum, who knows the importance of protecting a franchise. That’s one of the reasons why they decided before filming that this would be the last in the series.
“We decided to make this the last move in this franchise,” Jason explains. “Usually horror franchises end because the last movie doesn’t make any money, so that’s the end of it. With this one, we decided before we starting making it that it would be the last one.”
In PATGD, you get to see the ghosts for the first time. Jason explained that there were many versions of the ghost Toby and they’ve worked with some of the best in the business regarding special effects. Says Jason, “We worked with ILM on what it would finally look like, we argued a lot about what Toby should look like. I’m pleased with what we finally landed on, but we had a lot of back and forth. Bigger and small and darker and lighter, and every possible variable.”
This final Paranormal Activity revamps the series and helps it go out with one final scare that places it among the best in historic horror franchises.
Check out our other pics for horror franchises to binge watch this holiday.
There’s something about ghosts that we just love. This one focuses on an American family making a new life in Tokyo; their house, as it turns out, is the site of a curse that lingers in a specific place and claims the lives of anyone it comes near.
You can’t cheat death. That’s one thing you learn in this franchise that goes full circle, through horror, death, and some of the best kills we’ve ever seen in Hollywood flicks.
You watch a video and you die seven days later. Admit it, you still get a little spooked when the phone rings during a horror flick, don’t you? We won’t judge.
There’s something about Michael Myers, a killer who attacks people on Halloween, that we just love. There’s a reason why there are ten installments of this one.
Friday The 13th
Jason is trill. Since 1980, he’s stalked and slashed Crystal Lake. He even jumped into another horror franchise, went to hell, and outer space. Twelve movies helped our boy Jason reach icon status.
So far there have been six installments of Chucky, a demonic doll trying to find a human body to take over. He’s even recruited his bae and his seed to come kill people. We love it.
Jigsaw has tortured movie-goers throughout seven installments. The way he makes people kill themselves but lets them choose how is a super ill concept that has him high on our list of must-see horror films.
Nightmare On Elm Street
Let’s face it, no one is better than Freddy Kruger. His green and red striped sweater is equally as hideous as his burnt skin and razor fingers. Throughout nine movies, a reboot, and a cross-branded flick, Freddy is still haunting our dreams.
This series started with Billy Loomis and Stu Macher, but it straight up changed the rules of horror by taking everything the previous films began with and used its tropes to craft the illest franchise of all time. Hello, Sidney.
PHOTO CREDIT: Paramount Pictures | VIDEO SOURCE: YouTube
1 of 45
1. Beyonce as Janet Jackson and Blue Ivy as MJ is perfection.
2 of 45
2. The twins go as superwomen!
3 of 45
3. Rihanna and her friends slay in their sexy Ninja Turtles costumes.
4 of 45
4. Chris Brown and Karrueche dive into the 'Grease' classic.
5 of 45
5. North West and Penelope Disick both dress as skunks!
6 of 45
6. Alyson Hannigan and her family go out trick-or-treating as frogs.
7 of 45
7. Khloe Kardashian and Scott Disick show off their costumes.
8 of 45
8. Michael Strahan and Kelly Ripa dress up in their second Halloween outfits.
9 of 45
9. Adam Lambert channels his Wolverine at his Halloween party.
10 of 45
10. Neil Patrick Harris and his kids dive into the Batman series.
11 of 45
11. Lala Anthony is one sexy cat!
12 of 45
12. Rita Ora keeps it all pink for a Halloween party.
13 of 45
13. Rihanna and friends get a group shot of their Ninja Turtle costumes.
14 of 45
14. Kendall Jenner hangs with friends as Mario.
15 of 45
15. Aubrey O'Day dresses as a peacock at Adam Lambert's Halloween party.
16 of 45
16. Snoop Dogg went as his white alter ego Todd in Vegas.
17 of 45
17. Tyga dresses up as Chuckie.
18 of 45
18. Nicki Minaj is your teacher's pet.
19 of 45
19. Kim Kardashian dresses as Anna Wintour, along with North and friends.
20 of 45
20. Coco & Ice T head to a party in NYC
21 of 45
21. Kelly Ripa and Michael Strahan are zombies!
22 of 45
22. Chance is Cleopatra.
23 of 45
23. Kylie Jenner goes trick or treating with Kris Jenner and Penelope Disick
24 of 45
24. Rihanna and Melissa are Ninja Turtles.
25 of 45
25. Kim Kardashian is a skeleton.
26 of 45
26. Rihanna is a sexy Ninja Turtle.
27 of 45
27. Cassie and Diddy head out for a Halloween party.
28 of 45
28. Kim Porter and the twins go as superwomen!
29 of 45
29. Khloe Kardashian shows off her and Malika's mask game.
30 of 45
30. Chris Brown channels his inner 'Grease.'
31 of 45
31. Nick Jonas and Olivia Culpo coordinate costumes as a couple.
32 of 45
32. Nicki Minaj is your teacher's pet.
33 of 45
33. Rihanna dyes her hair green for the holiday.
34 of 45
34. Kelly Osbourne gets creative for her costume.
35 of 45
35. Kendrick Lamar took it way, way back.
36 of 45
36. Tinashe and a friend went as Kim K. and North West.
37 of 45
37. Ashanti got sexy for Halloween this year.
38 of 45
38. DJ Pauly D dresses up as Batman for a Halloween event.
39 of 45
39. Cassie shows off more of her Halloween look.
40 of 45
40. The Bash is a little chicken nugget!
41 of 45
41. Cassie dresses up for a Halloween party.
42 of 45
42. Diddy is a handsome fella in his Halloween costume.
43 of 45
43. Amber Rose is a zombie Queen!
44 of 45
44. Heidi Klum is unrecognizable as a butterfly.
45 of 45
45. Kim Kardashian shows off her skeleton details.
“Paranormal Activity: The Ghost Dimension” & The Best Horror Franchises Of All Time was originally published on globalgrind.com
23 Atlanta Slang Words And Phrases That Drive The Culture
Krayzie Bone ‘Fighting For His Life’ In LA Hospital, Per Report
Who Is QPskiii? Meet Gunna’s Muse, P Litty [Photos]
Rest In Power: Notable Black Folks Who We’ve Lost In 2023
What Is Drake's Son Name? ---- "I Only Love Mahbed & My Momma I'm Sorry" !?!?
The Streets Think Remy Ma Allegedly Cheated On Papoose With A Battle Rapper
What Are Slider Crimes And Why Are Thieves Taking Advantage
DJ FOR A DAY AT ONE MUSIC FEST!