UPDATE: February 17, 2016 10:15 PM ET
After reports surfaced that Mob Wives star Big Ang had died after a battle with cancer, a statement on her verified account asserts that the reality star is still fighting for her life.
In March 2015, the star announced doctors discovered a lemon-sized tumor in her throat, which lead to the start of Big Ang’s ongoing battle with the disease. The same month, she underwent surgery to have the tumor removed and underwent the same surgical procedure in June on the right side of her throat.
In December, however, Ang announced the cancer had returned.
Since Ang’s discovery of the tumor’s return, she and her family have been extremely transparent with the public. Her family created a GoFundMe page in February to raise the money for the removal surgery and was able to earn $45,000 in two weeks. The star even appeared on the Dr. Oz show to talk more in depth about her condition. During the show, she revealed her split from her husband, stating, “I felt like he never stepped up to the plate, so I was done with it,” adding, “now, it’s too late. I would rather be by myself. I would rather be alone.”
SOURCE: ET | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
11 Celebrities Who've Battled Cancer
1. Sophia VergaraSource:Splash News 1 of 11
2. Angelina JolieSource:Getty 2 of 11
3. Leah StillSource:Getty 3 of 11
4. Big AngSource:Splash News 4 of 11
5. Hugh JackmanSource:Getty Images 5 of 11
6. Brandi MaxielleSource:Kass for The Brand Group 6 of 11
7. Robin RobertsSource:Getty 7 of 11
8. Stuart ScottSource:Getty 8 of 11
9. Giuliana RancicSource:Getty 9 of 11
10. Taylor Swift's mom, Andrea Swift.Source:Getty 10 of 11
11. Diem BrownSource:Splash News 11 of 11
“Mob Wives” Star Big Ang Still Fighting For Her Life As Reports Of Her Death Surface was originally published on globalgrind.com