As of this year, The Walking Dead will be a permanent, year-round staple at Universal Studios Hollywood. The theme park walk-through attraction was previously offered as a seasonal maze, but that’s about to change, according to Entertainment Weekly:
“Thanks to popular demand for the undead, Universal Studios Hollywood has announced a permanent residency of its immersive The Walking Dead walk-through attraction, which up until now has only been offered as a seasonal (and very highly-attended) maze for guests of the theme park’s Halloween Horror Nights.
Prepare to be spooked year-round by the re-imagined, enhanced version of the attraction, based on AMC’s corporeal cable series, when the attraction opens in summer 2016. The addition comes just months after the park’s game-changing Wizarding World of Harry Potter opens in April.”
Read more here.
Mother Teresa will be declared an official Catholic saint this year, thanks to Pope Francis, who made the announcement earlier today.
NBC News reports that the decision to canonize the nun, famed for working with the poor in India, comes after Pope Francis approved a decree determining that she had performed the two miracles required for full sainthood.
She is credited with providing divine intervention in the case of a Brazilian man suffering from a viral brain infection. After praying to Mother Teresa, the man recovered and went on to father two children, despite being diagnosed as sterile.
Mother Teresa was first beatified in 2003, after an Indian woman credited her with curing her cancer.
The canonization is expected to take place next September, which marks the 19th anniversary of her death. It would also coincide with the pontiff’s Holy Year of Mercy.
September 4th marks the official day of Mother Teresa’s canonization.
Kanye West, The National, and Ellie Goulding are among the first artists announced to contribute to Metamorphoses, a forthcoming compilation album from Global Citizen. Helmed by Mumford & Sons’ Ben Lovett and Global Citizen co-founder and CEO Hugh Evans, the project will include 12 new songs with crowd-sourced lyrics from around the world. More artists will be announced soon; lyrical submissions are open until March 31, ahead of the record’s release this fall.”
Check out the trailer above.
The trailer for what is sure to be a hysterical film is here and as Miss Info explains, it’s the “food-oriented (and innuendo-heavy) version of Toy Story.”
Check out the clip above to get a feel for what you’re in for come August 12th.
When it comes to music, radio phenom Angie Martinez has seen it all, so it’s only right she pen her own memoir, appropriately titled My Voice.
From Stuff Fly People Like:
In ‘MY VOICE’ Angie shares her personal recollections. From her roots in Washington Heights to her formative years being raised by a single mom in Brooklyn, she quickly found her calling while answering phones at Hot 97 as a teenager. After getting her first shot behind the mic at Hot 97, she burst on the scene as a young female jock whose on-air “Battle of the Beats” not only broke records but also became a proving ground for emerging artists like a young JAY Z, she quickly became known for intimate conversations with artists such as her interview with the late Tupac Shakur in Los Angeles. His last no-holds-barred interview has never been discussed in detail– until now.
This’ll be interesting. My Voice is available on May 17th at bookstores and digital retailers; pre-order it here.
"The Walking Dead" Before & After (PHOTOS)
1. Rick Grimes plays a small-town sheriff who wakes from a coma to an undead apocalypse.Source: 1 of 18
2. Andrew Lincoln recently earned a nomination for Best Actor in a Drama Series at the 2013 Critics' Choice Television Awards for his role as Rick Grimes.Source: 2 of 18
3. Daryl Dixon is an adept survivalist and Merle Dixon’s little brother.Source: 3 of 18
4. Norman Reedus is also an accomplished photographer, as well as a burgeoning director, having directed three short films.Source: 4 of 18
5. Sasha is Tyreese's scrappy no-nonsense younger sister, she might be the only person able to help Tyreese understand what the others have endured. Her practical approach to survival is challenged by the nature of their new threats and by the relationships that are developing.Source: 5 of 18
6. Sonequa Martin-Green is known for her roles in "Once Upon a Time," "The Good Wife," "NYC 22" and "Army Wives." Her television credits also include "Gossip Girl" and "Law & Order: Criminal Intent."Source: 6 of 18
7. Tyreese is Sasha's brother. He feels lucky to be alive. Will he be able to balance the loss the group has endured with his new relationship with Woodbury survivor Karen?Source: 7 of 18
8. An accomplished television, film and stage actor, Chad L. Coleman received critical acclaim for his work on HBO's Peabody Award-winning drama series "The Wire."Source: 8 of 18
9. Michonne is a quiet but fierce warrior who saves Andrea from walkers with her katana blade after the battle at Hershel's farm.Source: 9 of 18
10. As Michonne, Danai Gurira spends the winter with Andrea, fending for themselves as a close-knit team.Source: 10 of 18
11. Beth Greene is Hershel's daughter and Maggie's sister. She was living with her dad, sister and boyfriend Jimmy at Hershel's farm when Rick's group arrived.Source: 11 of 18
12. Emily Kinney plays Beth Greene on screen but off screen, she is a singer/songwriter, recently releasing a five song EP.Source: 12 of 18
13. Carol Peletier, her husband Ed and their daughter Sophia meet Shane, Lori and Carl on the road to Atlanta. Taking pity on them, Carol offers to share her husband's rations until he chastises her for compromising their "operational security."Source: 13 of 18
14. Carol Peletier is played by Melissa McBride, who has worked behind the camera as a commercial casting director.Source: 14 of 18
15. Maggie Greene lived with her father Hershel and her sister Beth in a secluded farmhouse. When Rick shows up on their porch one day with a gravely-injured Carl, Maggie is tasked with finding Lori to relate what's happened.Source: 15 of 18
16. Maggie Greene is played by the U.K. raised Lauren Cohan, who studied Drama and English Literature in college.Source: 16 of 18
17. At the outset of the apocalypse, Carl flees his small town with his mom, Lori, and his dad's best friend Shane, who soon becomes a surrogate father to the boy.Source: 17 of 18
18. An Atlanta native, Chandler Riggs began acting at age 4, which probably adds to his performance as Carl Grimes.Source: 18 of 18
What’s Happening In Hip-Pop: Universal Studios To Debut “Walking Dead” Theme Park Attraction, & More was originally published on globalgrind.com