For me, a wash and go is never as easy and “quick” as it sounds. From struggling (and accepting shrinkage) to maintaining a defined curl and volume it can be difficult to get from shower to out the door. Beauties, if you have had the same struggles: never fear.
If you are worried by shrinkage, Alicia Fajardo, celebrity hairstylist, showed us how to achieve the perfect wash and go in less time that it takes to make breakfast. If you didn’t catch it on our Facebook Live, below, we provided step by step.
Either you are giving your hair a full wash (using both shampoo and conditioner) or you are co-washing your hair (only using conditioner as you are inbetween washes). Here are the products to use:
A. Carol’s Daughter Sulfate-Free Shampoo
B. Carol’s Daughter Hair Milk Refresher Spray
C. Carol’s Daughter Hair Milk Styling Pudding
D. Carol’s Daughter Hydrating Conditioner
Sulfate-free shampoos protect your hair from being stripped of it’s natural oils. It also protects colored hair from losing it’s dye quicker than necessary. A hydrating conditioner will help lock in moisturizer and works well with the styling pudding. The refresher spray is perfect if your hair dries too quickly while styling or you need to revitalize your curls on day 2!
1. After you wash or co-wash your hair, use a t-shirt to dry your hair. Hair is softer and weaker when wet, using a t-shirt allows a less aggressive way to absorb the water. However, you want to leave the water in your hair as you work through the product as it provides additional moisture.
2. Give your hair the desired part and then section in 6-8 pieces and comb through each section to detangle. For less volume, but a more defined curl, work through the product with your fingers. For more volume, use a flat brush or wide tooth comb to maneuver the product through your hair, while detangling. We used Carol’s Daughter Hair Milk Styling Pudding from Wal-Mart. This product will help keep your hair mositurized, your curls defined, and add shine to your hair.
3. If you want a more defined curl, you can coil your twists, like we did in the video, to create more defined curls at the crown of your head.
4. Sometimes, during the detangling and defining process, parts of your hair can air dry. You can either rewet the hair or use Carol’s Daughter Refreshing Spray from Wal-Mart to revitalize your curls.
5. Let your hair air dry (or sit under a dryer for 10-15 minutes for faster results). This allows your hair and curls to “set.” After they are fully dry, you can use a come to pull through part of your hair for more volume, like Alicia did in this video. You will definitely want to check out how she untwisted the defined coils from step 3.
That’s it, beauties! Now you can achieve the perfect wash and go in less time than in takes to make breakfast! Let us know how the technique works for you! Love your curls? Submit to us for a Real Girls, Real Curls feature!
GET THE LOOK: Receive Waves Of Admiration With This Retro Inspired Hairstyle
REAL GIRLS, REAL CURLS: Farah Davids Discusses Her Born-Again Virgin Hair
GET THE LOOK: Find Out How Women Are Getting Shorter Hair Without Scissors
How To Achieve The Perfect Wash & Go was originally published on hellobeautiful.com
DC Young Fly's Partner, Jacky Oh Passed Away During Surgery
We Pregnant!: DC Young Fly & Jacky Oh Are Expecting Their Third Child
23 Atlanta Slang Words And Phrases That Drive The Culture
25 Celebs Smiling In Their Mugshots (PHOTOS)
DC Young Fly Says Chris Tucker Would Make Another ‘Friday’ Film Under One Condition [Details]
LOL: Kirk Franklin Had an ATL Club Praising The LAWD!
Birthday Bash ATL 2023: Save The Date! June 17th @ State Farm Arena
DC Young Fly Talks How Martin Lawrence Influenced His Character In House Party