Lloyd makes an emotional return with his new single “Tru” and gets quite transparent with us, even mentioning he lost his own child.
The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews:
…Came home to help my sister raise a child, kinda hurt me cuz I couldn’t have my own now, lost my baby damn it’s really hitting home now…
RELATED: Celebrities Who Lost Their Child [PHOTOS]
If you follow Lloyd on social media, it’s quite apparent he took a hiatus from music to spend time with family, to travel and even got his GED.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
He’s been featured on singles over the last few years, but this new album will be his first under the EMPIRE imprint since King Of Hearts (2011).
RELATED: Lloyd and Ashanti Catch Us Up On What’s New [VIDEO]
The “Get It Shawty” singer left an encouraging post on his Instagram sharing the meaning behind the emotional song:
Get Caught Up With Lloyd [GALLERY]
8 photos Launch gallery
1. January 3rd 1986, looking out for the fix I took my first steps. No clue of how physical life gets... around uptown's Calliope projects..... A lot of people seem to think that being 30years old means many things. The most evident, that we are getting older. Then I also hear ppl say that it means a more mature me, and that I am in the prime of life. To me, turning 30 means that I have been given the opportunity to assess the damage I've done in my twenties, both the triumphs and the mistakes, and continue to grow and develop as a man. I have witnessed the coming and goings of many of my most loved ones, and I am more thankful now than ever before to have had these loved ones in my life thus far. I would like thank everyone for the birthday wishes to come. And I would like to remind you all that I may now be in the 30 club, but a wheelchair is far from the photograph hahaa! . Happy New Years and have a wonderful Sunday. 🙏🏿😘✌🏿️🎉
1 of 8
2. Sometimes, I don't even know what to say to people. In fact, it's not that I don't know what to say, it's that I don't where to start. I do know how to start though. A simple thank you could suffice. I've gotten so many messages of love, gratitude, and encouragement from people on here and in my immediate circle everyday. Often I am overwhelmed by it and I have a hard time responding accordingly. I try not to sound generic, but I really do love and wish the best for everyone I meet here, and I want them to know how much it means to me that they have taken just a little time out of their day to write me. I want to say thank you to you for your enthusiasm and love, not just towards me, but towards music culture and each other as a whole. I hope this message reaches you all in kind, for if it weren't for your love I'm not sure what I'd do, or where I'd be. #GEDflow #Appreciation #finishwhatyoustart #youcandoit
2 of 8
3. HYPNOPHOBIA - the excessive fear of sleep. A result from anxiety inherited over the loss of time that could be spent accomplishing tasks instead of sleeping. Often times I am the last one up. My mind has a very hard time shutting down. Especially at night. I have been programmed for so long for efficiency that It's become a normalcy. I have to satisfy the urge to feel the pain of progress. Give in to those neurons and endorphins firing off inside of my brain at all times. For a while I thought I was alone in this plight, but now that I know of others who are the same, I embrace it. I accept it. There's no time too late or too early to push your life, enjoy your life, or experience your life. Anyone else feels like this?
3 of 8
4. Sometimes, moving forward involves taking a step backwards... When I moved to New York to sign my first record deal, I promised my 17 year old self that I would return to school to finish my education. I am neither ashamed nor embarrassed to say that I've taken my first step towards that goal. Thanks to the support of friends and family, I'm ready to go back & finish what I'd started. First-hand, money making experience is great and, in most cases, is what we go through years of school for anyway, but I just HAD to go back for my GED so I could at least show myself & others that there is no shame nor regret to be had or felt when you are making a conscience effort to become a better you. A sneaky little paparazzi caught me studying in my room 😏. Thought I'd share ... Y'all have a great week !
4 of 8
5. I am a perfect imperfection. Turning my back on the things which hinder me. Old ways, old habits, old standards. We are in a season of growth.
5 of 8
6. Who's 🌎 is this? .. Lloyd X Nas 2015 ... @nas .
6 of 8
7. Here lies a picture of John Lehr (Geico Caveman) reading a book written by Jonah Lehrer, entitled "Imagine: How Creativity Works".. Whoever knew a caveman could crave information about the psychological, and sociological, fibers of creativity? #imagine
7 of 8
8. The most important things are the hardest to say. They are the things you get ashamed of because words diminish our feelings. So I tattooed them instead. Now my most precious sentiments stay with me forever.
8 of 8