According to Headkrack, Mary J. Blige is back in the studio. MJB fans will remember her 12th studio album, The London Sessions that she dropped last year along with a documentary about its making. While the album was chock full of good stuff, it was full of club and dance hits, as well as some material that was a bit more stripped, raw and influenced by soul and blues.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter![sailthru_widgetfields=”email” sailthru_list=”Rickey Smiley Subscribers”]
This time around, however, she is reportedly working with Kanye West, which means she’s coming back to the hip-hop side of things. Any 90s baby or MJB fan knows that some of Mary’s best work and hottest singles were of the hip-hop genre, so this is definitely good news. Click on the player above to see for more in this exclusive video edition of the Hip-Hop Spot.
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” weekdays from 6-10 a.m. EST!
11 Photos Of Mary J. Blige Killing The Game Back In ’92
1. Mary takes over the stage in her signature look.Source: 1 of 11
2. The R&B goddess takes a stance at the 7th Annual New York Music Awards.Source: 2 of 11
3. How sweet does she look at the KMEL Summer Jam in 1992?Source: 3 of 11
4. Mary J. & Joe Public win big at the New York Music Awards in ’92.Source: 4 of 11
5. Mary J. Blige is all smiles in a hoodie and curls.Source: 5 of 11
6. Mary does her one, two-step while performing in ’92.Source: 6 of 11
7. She had a flawless smile, even back then.Source: 7 of 11
8. Mary J. wins big at the 7th Annual New York Music Awards.Source: 8 of 11
9. Show ’em who’s queen.Source: 9 of 11
10. Super Cat and Mary chill backstage at the New York Music Awards in ’92.Source: 10 of 11
11. Let’s get ’em, queen!Source: 11 of 11
Why Mary J. Blige’s Latest Musical Partnership Is A Good Look [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO] was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com