Dr. Jackie from “Married To Medicine,” stopped by “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” to talk about breast cancer. She has always been very open about her battle with breast cancer and how she survived it twice. This month is Breast Cancer Awareness month and Dr. Jackie wants to talk about ways that can help women and men find out if they have it.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
She mentioned that early detection and knowing your family history is very important. If you know that your great-grandmother or anyone in your family battled the disease it can help you when going to see your doctor. Dr. Jackie also wants people to know that doing your own breast examinations as well as going to get mammograms every year at a certain age can help as well. She mentioned that one of her youngest patients that passed from breast cancer was only 18-years-old.
Dr. Jackie also spoke about her amazing organization 50 Shades of Pink. During the month of October, she puts on a gala to help raise money to find a cure as well as some women to get treatment. Dr. Jackie believes in calling women that face breast cancer warriors and wants everyone to understand that early detection is the best protection.
Make sure you listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” 6am ET.
- Quarantine Meals: New Orleans Style Gumbo Recipe [EXCLUSIVE AUDIO]
- Front Page News: The Latest On The Cases Of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, and Ahmaud Arbery [WATCH]
- D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser Commissions Black Lives Matter Artwork In Front Of White House
- After 176 Years, A Virginia City Removes A Slave Auction Block From Its Downtown
- #HBCUs4BlackLives Protest Scheduled For Saturday In Atlanta
- Correction: Looters Did Not Steal $2M Worth Of Watches From A Rolex Store
- The Ultimate Gift Guide To Celebrate Pride Month
- Former MLB All-Star Carl Crawford Arrested on Domestic Battery Charges
- Jay-Z Provides Ahmaud Arbery Lawyer With His Private Jet To Make Court Date
- Old White Man Shoved By Buffalo Cops, Suddenly “They” Care About Police Brutality?