Dr. Jackie from “Married To Medicine,” stopped by “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” to talk about breast cancer. She has always been very open about her battle with breast cancer and how she survived it twice. This month is Breast Cancer Awareness month and Dr. Jackie wants to talk about ways that can help women and men find out if they have it.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
She mentioned that early detection and knowing your family history is very important. If you know that your great-grandmother or anyone in your family battled the disease it can help you when going to see your doctor. Dr. Jackie also wants people to know that doing your own breast examinations as well as going to get mammograms every year at a certain age can help as well. She mentioned that one of her youngest patients that passed from breast cancer was only 18-years-old.
Dr. Jackie also spoke about her amazing organization 50 Shades of Pink. During the month of October, she puts on a gala to help raise money to find a cure as well as some women to get treatment. Dr. Jackie believes in calling women that face breast cancer warriors and wants everyone to understand that early detection is the best protection.
Make sure you listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” 6am ET.
- Approved: This Melanated Beauty Will Be Viola Davis’ Lover In ‘Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom’ Flick
- If You Don’t Think ‘The Lion King’ Took Elements From The Japanese Series ‘Kimba,’ These Behind The Scenes Incidents Might Change Your Mind
- Watch The First Trailer For The Harriet Tubman Movie [VIDEO]
- Tay-K Sentenced To 55 Years In Prison
- Kid Cudi Releasing New Animated Music Series On Netflix
- Awww Or Hell Naw? Man Sends His Ex THIS Emotional Text One Day Before He Married Someone Else
- Back To School Bash In West GA Saturday 7/27!!!
- Wesley Snipes Is All For Mahershala Ali For The Upcoming ‘Blade’ Reboot
- The Trailer For ‘Harriet’ Has Arrived… So Are We Done Debating Whether Cynthia Erivo Deserves The Role?
- Tyra Banks Says Being Token Black Girl Behind Past Feud With Naomi [VIDEO]