As a mother, how far would you go to protect your child’s life? For a Meriden, Connecticut woman, it meant sacrificing her own in order to save her daughter’s.
According to NBC Connecticut News, on Friday night, Dania Cedeno-Delrosario was fatally hit by a car while she tried to push her seven-year-old daughter Denisse out of the way of the vehicle. Cedeno-Delrosario was transported to the hospital where she died on Saturday. Denisse, who was also struck, was taken to Hartford Hospital and treated for minor injuries. She was released on Saturday.
Denisse described to WFSB News the impact of the car and her mother’s reaction to it, saying, “It pushed both of us and it pushed her very hard. So I wouldn’t get hurt.”
Cedeno-Delrosario came to Connecticut two years ago from the Dominican Republican in search of a better life for her family, WFSB News noted. She also worked both a day job as a travel agent, and a night job caring for the elderly.
The local police told the press that the mother and daughter were trying to cross the street when they were hit by a dark-colored vehicle that fled the scene. Detectives say that the car left behind evidence including a piece of the driver’s side mirror tracing it to a dark-colored Nissan, however they are unclear of the vehicle model.
Officers are asking Meriden residents to be on the lookout for anyone with a dark car with heavy front and back-end damage that is missing a side mirror.
“Somebody saw something and any little tip may be the tip that solves this case,” Sgt. Stanely Zajac told NBC.
NBC says that the family is asking for privacy as they grieve their lost one, but they are pleading for justice hoping that the driver is found.
“[Denisse] has wonderful family support and it’s that family support that’s going to get her through this,” Zajac stressed.
We send our deepest condolences to the Cedeno-Delrosario family.
Anyone with information is asked to call Meriden police at (203) 630-6215.
RIP: Season Two ‘American Idol’ Alum Killed By Drunk Driver In Car Accident
Evening Minute: Former NFL Running Back Zurlon Tipton Dies In Accidental Shooting
Evening Minute: Cop ‘Accidentally’ Shot Charles Kinsey Trying To Protect Him, Police Union Leader Says
Also On Hot 107.9:
BIVISIBILITY: These Stars Are Bisexual & Proud
12 photos Launch gallery
1. In 2015, Miley Cyrus revealed that she identifies as sexually fluid, telling Paper magazine, “I am literally open to every single thing that is consenting and doesn’t involve an animal and everyone is of age.”
1 of 12
2. Ricky Martin shocked the world when he came out as gay in 2010. The father of two once revealed, “I know that I like both men and women, I’m against sexual labels.”
2 of 12
3. After photos surfaced of her making out with Michelle Rodriguez, Cara Delevingne came clean about her bisexuality, saying, “It took me a long time to accept the idea, until I first fell in love with a girl at 20 and recognized that I had to accept it.”
3 of 12
4. Frank Ocean captivated the world with his songs about love and women. When he opened up about his experience falling in love with a guy, he garnered the attention of many more.
4 of 12
5. Lady Gaga has been open about her sexuality since the beginning of her career. After naysayers claimed it was all for marketing, she said, “This is who I am and who I have always been.”
5 of 12
6. After coming under fire for using the F bomb multiple times on social media, Azealia Banks defended herself, saying “I can’t be homophobic. I’m bisexual.”
6 of 12
7. Amber Rose has never been shy about her sexuality. She even openly admitted to being in a relationship with a girl, way before her Kanye days.
7 of 12
8. David Bowie was one of the most notable artists of all time, whose sexuality and gender bent all of the traditional rules.
8 of 12
9. Mel B once revealed that she was in a four-year relationship with a woman before.
9 of 12
10. In 2013, Zoe Saldana said that she “might end up with a woman raising my children. I’ve been attracted to the male species, but if one day I wake up and want to be with a woman, I will do that because it is my life, therefore it is my decision.”
10 of 12
11. Megan Fox told Esquire Magazine once, “I have no question in my mind about being bisexual.”
11 of 12
12. Angelina Jolie has always been open about her bisexuality. She once told OK Magazine, “I have loved women in the past and slept with them.”
12 of 12