Earlier this week, Amber Rose was hinting via Twitter at the possibility of getting her own talk show.
Although she hasn’t confirmed whether or not the rumors are true, Amb wouldn’t be the first celebrity to try their hand at hosting.
Check out our list of celebs who’ve had their own talk shows – some with more success than others.
Momager extraordinaire Kris Jenner tried another business venture, which happened to be a life-long dream of hers. Unfortunately, her talk show Kris finished its six-week trial on August 23, 2013. The show was not picked up for a full season.
The Keenen Ivory Wayans Show was a late night syndicated talk show known for its notable guests. It was canceled after one season in 1998.
Late World with Zach Galifianakis was a late night TV show on VH1 that aired in 2002 with a beardless Zach G. as host. The show was canceled after nine weeks of production due to poor ratings. However, now you can catch the funnyman interviewing famous personalities on his Funny or Die show Between Two Ferns, which won an Emmy. Second time’s the charm…
Lily Allen hosted a short-lived eight episode series called Lily Allen and Friends on BBC back in 2008. The audience consisted of Lily’s personal friends, but it seems she may have run out of them rather quickly.
NBA star Magic Johson hosted his talk show The Magic Hour in 1998; it lasted only 8 weeks.
George Lopez’s 2009 late night show Lopez Tonight was doing very well in ratings until Conan O’Brien took the 11 p.m. spot on TBS, pushing Lopez to midnight. Soon after, Lopez Tonight was canceled.
The Queen Latifah Show originally aired from 1999-2001. In 2013, the show was revamped and lasted for two seasons before being canceled in 2015.
Bethenny, hosted by Bethenny Frankel and created by Ellen DeGeneres, lasted for three whole seasons. It was allegedly canceled due to a loss of affiliate clearances to NBC Universal’s upcoming The Meredith Vieira Show. After the cancellation, The Real Housewives of New York star admitted she hated the gig.
Keke Palmer took over the summer of 2014 with Just Keke, airing on BET. With it, she has become the youngest talk show host in television history. As of April 2015, Just Keke has been green-lit for a national syndicated launch.
Moral of the talk show story, Amb? Be careful what you wish for.
Amber Rose Shares Photos Of Her Flawless Backside In Miami & More
1. Amber Rose shows off her flawless body in Miami.1 of 32
2. Amber Rose shows off her flawless booty in Miami.2 of 32
3. Amber Rose hits the club in Miami.3 of 32
4. Amber Rose hits the club with Blac Chyna in Miami.4 of 32
5. Amber Rose hits the club in Miami.5 of 32
6. Amber Rose shows off her flawless booty in Miami.6 of 32
7. Amber Rose shows off her flawless booty in Miami.7 of 32
8. Amber in a miniSource:Splash News 8 of 32
9. Amber Rose hits the club in Miami.9 of 32
10. Amber Rose hits the club in Miami.10 of 32
11. Amber Rose shows off her flawless bikini body.11 of 32
12. Amber Rose gets her head licked by a Taz Angel.12 of 32
13. Amber Rose dons baby pink to show off her bikini body.13 of 32
14. Amber Rose makes out with a Taz Angel.14 of 32
15. Amber Rose and Blac Chyna have some fun in the sun on Miami Beach.15 of 32
16. Amber Rose and Blac Chyna have some fun in the sun on Miami Beach.16 of 32
17. Blac chyna previews her look before a night out.17 of 32
18. Amber Rose and Blac Chyna have some fun in the sun on Miami Beach.18 of 32
19. Amber takes a quick snooze before her night out.19 of 32
20. Amber shows off some backside before heading out.20 of 32
21. Amber Rose and Blac Chyna get ready to host a party.21 of 32
22. Amber Rose takes a hot selfie.22 of 32
23. Amber Rose and Blac Chyna have some fun in the sun on Miami Beach.23 of 32
24. Amber Rose goes nearly nude.24 of 32
25. Amber and Miss Nikki get some lunch.25 of 32
26. Amber Rose shows off her figure for the paps.26 of 32
27. Amber Rose gets lunch with Miss Nikki.27 of 32
28. Amber Rose shows off her amazing curves.28 of 32
29. Amber Rose gives us some leg action.29 of 32
30. Amber Rose takes a gorgeous selfie.30 of 32
31. Amber Rose shows off more of her curves.31 of 32
32. Amber blows a kissSource:Getty 32 of 32
Talk That Talk! 9 Celebrities Who’ve Hosted Their Own Talk Shows was originally published on globalgrind.com