Tyler Perry just ended his days of working exclusively at the Oprah Winfrey Network, otherwise known as OWN. Presently, the channel is home to a few of his TV Shows, including the popular soap opera, “Greenleaf.” There were rumors that the two heavy hitters were bumping heads a bit over at OWN, but was it enough to send Tyler Perry fleeing from the network to his new Viacom deal?
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
If that was ever the case, that may not mean the friendship is over necessarily. Based off of Tyler’s statement, things still seem amicable between them. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from Gary’s Tea on “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
RELATED: Tyler Lepley On What It’s Like To Attend Tyler Perry’s Christmas Parties [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
RELATED: Tyler Perry Explains Why He Launched A Show With A Predominantly White Cast [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
RELATED: Gary’s Tea: Will Mo’Nique Ever Reconcile With Oprah? [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
RELATED: Gary’s Tea: Why Mo’Nique Shouldn’t Be Vilified For Oprah, Lee Daniels Comments [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
Oprah! Here Are 20 of Our Favorite "O" Moments
20 photos Launch gallery
1. A look back at some of the most memorable interviews from the queen of media, Oprah Winfrey.
1 of 20
2. Oprah conducted the show's first interview with a sitting president and 1st lady
2 of 20
3. In 2009, Whitney Houston talked with Oprah about her struggles with drugs.
3 of 20
4. In Jay-Z's 2009 appearance on the show, they debated the use of the n-word.
4 of 20
5. In the most watched interview in TV history, in 1993, with Michael Jackson.
5 of 20
6. Dave Chappelle talked about why he walked away from 50M.
6 of 20
7. Magic Johnson was a guest on Oprah 15 years after being diagnosed with HIV.
7 of 20
8. Will Smith graced The Oprah Winfrey Show 15 times before her final season.
8 of 20
9. "Mentor-mother-sister-friend," Maya Angelou came on the show.
9 of 20
10. Oprah considers Nelson Mandela's visit to be a great honor.
10 of 20
11. Tiger Woods coined the term 'Cablinasian' to describe his mixed heritage.
11 of 20
12. Terry McMillan and her ex Jonathan Plummer discussed the end of their marriage.
12 of 20
13. Tina Turner came of the show numerous times. Another of Oprah's favs.
13 of 20
14. In 1996 Oprah spoke with the Little Rock Nine about Central High in Arkansas.
14 of 20
15. Halle Berry was a guest on Oprah over 20 times.
15 of 20
16. Denzel Washington is one of Oprah's favorite guests.
16 of 20
17. Tyler Perry revealed the abuse and molestation he suffered as a child.
17 of 20
18. Patti LaBelle was on the Oprah show over 20 times since her first visit in 1991.
18 of 20
19. Mike Tyson was a guest on the show and talked about the death of his daughter.
19 of 20
20. Michael Jordan talked to Oprah about finally retiring from NBA.
20 of 20