Viola Davis in most of her acceptance speeches talks about growing up poor and working hard to get to where she is now. The actress recently opened up to The Root about living in a rat infested apartment where they were on public assistance. Davis also chimed in about Donald Trump and how he wants to get rid off food stamps and make boxes for families.
She spoke about how people don’t talk about poverty and some don’t care. Davis mentioned, “Poor people are invisible. I know, because I was that.” In the video she talked about growing up and sometimes not having enough food to last through the month. Davis said, “I was a rung lower than poor. I was poor.”
- Martin Luther King Jr’s Grand Daughter Moves The Crowd At March For Our Lives
- LMAO: This Video Is Guaranteed To Have You Dying Laughing All Day
- King Tings: These NBA Stars Offered To Pay For Stephon Clark’s Funeral
- PILL Keeps It 1000, Revelations, And The Plague
- Voices: Big K.R.I.T. Breaks Down “Bury Me In Gold” & More
- Special K Shares A Poem For All The Artists With Lil In Their Name [EXCLUSIVE]
- Luenell Tells Why She Had To Serve Time In County Jail [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Woman Gets $10,000 Voucher From United Airlines For Giving Up Her Seat
- Jeezy Announces Retirement; Says “Thug Motivation 104: Trust The Process” Will Be His Last Album
- Are Tiny and T.I. Planning To Renew Their Vows?