Suns out, so let’s hang out. I’m so glad the free gym is open again beauties, so I wanted to share with you my five favorite plyometric (jumping) exercises that I do in the park. So cancel your membership and sign up for this RAD workout for free ninety nine. Ready? Let’s jump around.
Remember all that skipping, galloping and jumping that you did as a kid? Well you should totally bring those movements back as an adult. Plyometrics (plyo for short) is great for athletic conditioning since it focuses on explosive reactions – think jumping up to spike the ball in volleyball or rebounding the ball in basketball.
However whether you are an athlete or not, plyometrics are great for stretching, strengthening and whipping your muscles into shape quick. Plus, it’s a RAD alternative to an everyday strength-training workout since plyo moves also boost your muscle power, strength, balance and agility.
So check out this entire workout using plyometric ladies. It can be intense, so ease into this jump-crazy workout or just start by adding a few of the five moves shown to your usual routine.
Safety first beauties. The most common risk in taking on plyometrics is injuring your knees, so to prevent a blowout while you work out remember to engage your glutes (the biggest muscle in your body P.S.), your quads, hamstrings and core every single hop. This will not only take unnecessary pressure off of your knees, it will also invite a host of other muscles to the party. Still feeling your joints when you land? Back off and either replace the jumping with stepping in exercises like the “Single Leg Stair Hops,” or calf raises instead of hops in the “Plyometric Curtsy Lunges.”
Jumping around is fun, but it’s even more fun with DJ-51. This free app uses and analyzes shared music from your and your friends’ Spotify accounts to intelligently build the perfect playlist which reflects the collective musical taste of everyone in the group. With the app using BPM to create playlists based on vibes (popular, dance, electronic, obscure, etc), it’ll always make one perfect for whatever type of workout you’re doing! So grab a friend and let’s jump to it.
Robbie Ann Darby (RAD Experience) is a professional FitGirl, Group Fitness Instructor and Personal Trainer in NYC. Follow her sweaty life on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram for more fun health and fitness tips!
Happy Earth Day: 4 Ways The Great Outdoors Can Naturally Improve Your Health
Trade In Your Bubble Coat For These 3 Light Spring Fitness Essentials
What The Heck Is A Foam Roller & What Do I Do With It?
Celebrity Fit Club: Our Favorite Stars Share Their Workout Regimen On Instagram
47 photos Launch gallery
1. Celebrity Fit Club
1 of 47
2. Morris Chestnut- On The Treadmill
2 of 47
3. Usher-Run It
3 of 47
4. Angela Simmons-Simple & Effective
4 of 47
5. Angela Simmons-Go Deeper!
5 of 47
6. Angela Simmons-Can't Stop, Won't Stop
6 of 47
7. Angela Simmons-It's A Lifestyle
7 of 47
8. Angela Simmons-Determination Is Key
8 of 47
9. Angela Simmons-No Days Off
9 of 47
10. Angela Simmons-Morning Training Sessions
10 of 47
11. Angela Simmons-Live Life Out Loud
11 of 47
12. Angela Simmons-Pose For The Camera
12 of 47
13. Angela Simmons-Bend & Stretch
13 of 47
14. Angela Simmons-Ready For Her Close Up
14 of 47
15. Jordin Sparks-The Fit Selfie
15 of 47
16. Jordin Sparks-Engages Her Core
16 of 47
17. Jordin Sparks-Getting It Right & Tight
17 of 47
18. Jordin Sparks-Gaining Weight
18 of 47
19. Jason Derulo-Shooting In The Gym
19 of 47
20. Jason Derulo-No Gym, No Problem
20 of 47
21. Mo'Nique-Always Motivating
21 of 47
22. Mo'Nique-Workin' Those Arms
22 of 47
23. Mo'Nique-Keeping It Real, Keeping It Tight
23 of 47
24. Mo'Nique-Makes Us Remember To Work For It
24 of 47
25. Mo'Nique-Never Gives Up
25 of 47
26. Mo'Nique-Showing Off What Amazing Looks Like
26 of 47
27. Keri Hilson-Takin' The Stairs
27 of 47
28. Brandy-Getting It In!
28 of 47
29. Brandy-Making Transformations
29 of 47
30. Jeanette Jenkins-She Is The Prototype
30 of 47
31. Jeanette Jenkins-She Plans Ahead To Get Ahead
31 of 47
32. Jeanette Jenkins-Flexible On Fridays
32 of 47
33. Jeanette Jenkins-Fit Foodie
33 of 47
34. Kelly Rowland-She's Got Friends In Fit Places
34 of 47
35. Kelly Rowland-Drink Good, Look Good
35 of 47
36. Kelly Rowland-Abs For Days
36 of 47
37. Serena Williams-She Knows How To Hang
37 of 47
38. Mary J. Blige-Her Hubby's Getting It In!
38 of 47
39. Mary J. Blige-Throwin' Them Bows!
39 of 47
40. Mary J. Blige-Getting Them Glutes!
40 of 47
41. Mary J. Blige-Hard Work Pays Off, Look At That Body!
41 of 47
42. Mary J. Blige--Work Them Arms Girl!
42 of 47
43. Mary J. Blige-She's Got Legs & She Knows How To Use Them
43 of 47
44. Michelle Obama-Let's Move!
44 of 47
45. Sherri Shepherd-No More Girdles!
45 of 47
46. Sherri Shepherd-Dance The Pounds Away
46 of 47
47. Khloe Kardashian-She Works Hard Even When She Doesn't Want To
47 of 47