You may not know who T-Wayne is, but chances are you’ve heard his viral hit, the “Nasty Freestyle.”
The viral sensation gained overnight success when his song became the soundtrack for hilarious internet videos. Fast forward three months and the Texas native’s “Nasty Freestyle” is rounding out the Top 10 on Billboard’s Hot 100 chart.
T-Wayne stopped by GlobalGrind’s offices to discuss his overnight success, inking a deal with Kevin Liles and Lyor Cohen’s 300 Entertainment, and not becoming a one hit wonder.
The “Gone Off That Drank” rapper also discussed being constantly mistaken for the now defunct Lil Wayne and T-Pain collaboration, and making his mother proud. You can expect a new project from the Abilene rapper, who’s looking forward to working with his fiery hot labelmates Fetty Wap and Atlanta trio Migos.
Watch our exclusive interview with T-Wayne up top.
Father & Son: 13 Photos Of Lil Wayne & Birdman In Great Spirits
1. Because bros have each other's backs.1 of 13
2. Because bros hit the stage together.2 of 13
3. Because bros tell each other jokes.3 of 13
4. Because bros pose for pics together.4 of 13
5. Because bros style on 'em in photo shoots.5 of 13
6. Because bros shine together.6 of 13
7. Because bros give bros hugs.7 of 13
8. Because bros squash the beef no matter what.8 of 13
9. Because bros make hits together.9 of 13
10. Because bros rap together.10 of 13
11. Because bros endure boring events together.11 of 13
12. Because bros give each other props.12 of 13
Viral Sensation T-Wayne Discusses Name Confusion, “Nasty Freestyle,” & Not Being A One Hit Wonder was originally published on globalgrind.com