Gucci Mane is the poster child for Transformation Tuesday.
In a new interview with Vogue, the rapper spoke about his love for luxury brands, helped along by his new healthy lifestyle. He admitted that since cutting drugs out of his diet, he has lost 75 pounds, allowing him to enhance his personal style with more fitted clothing.
The infamous rapper added, “I feel like working out humbles me. I used to live a life of excess, greed and gluttony. Now I’ve learned to challenge myself—to get up every day and push myself to live a healthier lifestyle.”
Gucci dished on his Gucci Mane & Friends homecoming concert, saying, “The Gucci Mane & Friends concert was a very triumphant time for me. Being confined in the house all of the time, it was finally good to get back on the stage and see all of the artists I have been recording with for years.”
On the integration of fashion into hip-hop, he revealed, “I love fashion in hip-hop right now — I love how people are just taking risks, and I love how they’re embracing the high-end designers. There’s a more fitted, grown, mature look now.”
Check out what else Gucci had to say about his transformation in the full interview here.
Source: Billboard|PHOTOCREDIT: Getty
LRG 2012 Holiday Lookbook Featuring Gucci Mane (PHOTOS)
1. 1. Gucci Mane in LRG's 2012 Holiday Lookbook1 of 8
2. 2. Skateboarder Felipe Gustavo in the LRG 2012 Holiday Lookbook2 of 8
3. 3. Gucci Mane goes fishing in LRG's 2012 Holiday Lookbook3 of 8
4. 4. Snowboarder Chris Grenier is business casual in the LRG 2012 Holiday Lookbook4 of 8
5. 5. Gucci Mane chows down in LRG's 2012 Holiday Lookbook5 of 8
6. 6. Graffiti artist POSE "gets up" in the LRG 2012 Holiday Lookbook6 of 8
7. 7. Snowboarder Chris Grenier breaks for a snack in the LRG 2012 Holiday lookbook7 of 8
8. 8. Skateboarder Felipe Gustavo takes out the dog in the LRG 2012 Holiday Lookbook8 of 8
Gucci Mane On His New Love For Fashion, Exercise And Living Right was originally published on globalgrind.com