Are you ready for Essence Fest 2018? Every year for the July 4th weekend fans head to New Orleans for Essence Fest. This year will be the same and they have a special lineup of artist for your entertainment.
According to OkayPlayer, the headliners of the show include Janet Jackson, Mary J. Blige, Erykah Badu and Jill Scott. Fans better get ready because they also will get to see 112, Daniel Caesar, MC Lyte and more. There will be a special performance by The Roots with Badu and Scott, which will be one of the highlights of the show.
Badu recently came under fire for saying she “saw something good in Hitler.” She went on Twitter to explain herself and said, “People are in real pain. So I understand why my ‘good’ intent was misconstrued as ‘bad,’” In trying to express a point, I used 1 of the worst examples possible, Not to support the cruel actions of an unwell, psychopathic Adolf Hitler, but to only exaggerate a show of compassion.” We can’t wait to see what more Essence Fest has in store this year.
RELATED: “Essence” Is Black-Owned Again!
- #Message: Lakeith Stanfield Drops Some Truth On The Timeline
- Wakanda Bae: Which ‘Black Panther’ Star Caused The Thirstiest Tweets?
- The 10 People That Aren’t Allowed Anywhere Near Wakanda
- Not Invited To The Cookout: 8 People On The Wakanda Travel Ban List
- New Vibrator Can Be Used To Order Pizza Once Your Sexual Appetite Is Satisfied
- #HurtBae Returns: The Ex-Couple Who Made The Internet Go Crazy Sits Down Again
- Mo’Nique Compares Charlamagne To A Slave Who Allowed His Wife To Be Raped By The Master
- Emotional K. Michelle Says Her Struggle With Drugs Ruined Her Reputation With Radio Stations
- Erica Ash Educating Others On The Word ‘B*tch’ Feels Like A Scene Straight Out Of ‘Insecure’
- Kendrick Lamar Wants To Be A Villain In The Next Black Panther Movie!