Are you ready for Essence Fest 2018? Every year for the July 4th weekend fans head to New Orleans for Essence Fest. This year will be the same and they have a special lineup of artist for your entertainment.
According to OkayPlayer, the headliners of the show include Janet Jackson, Mary J. Blige, Erykah Badu and Jill Scott. Fans better get ready because they also will get to see 112, Daniel Caesar, MC Lyte and more. There will be a special performance by The Roots with Badu and Scott, which will be one of the highlights of the show.
Badu recently came under fire for saying she “saw something good in Hitler.” She went on Twitter to explain herself and said, “People are in real pain. So I understand why my ‘good’ intent was misconstrued as ‘bad,’” In trying to express a point, I used 1 of the worst examples possible, Not to support the cruel actions of an unwell, psychopathic Adolf Hitler, but to only exaggerate a show of compassion.” We can’t wait to see what more Essence Fest has in store this year.
RELATED: “Essence” Is Black-Owned Again!
- XXXTentacion Shot And Killed In Miami, Dead At 20
- Puma Has Relaunched Their Basketball Division, With Jay Z Joining As President
- Official: Desus & Mero Are Moving To Showtime & The Internet Hilariously Reacts
- Free BBQ & Block Party! #ReecTreatsTheCity
- #GrownManShit: Please Fellas, Do Us A Favor And Wear Deodorant This Summer
- Oh Hell Naw: Parents Hit With $132,000 Bill After Their Kid Hugs And Breaks An Expensive Sculpture
- Everything We Know About Ex-NFL Player Kellen Winslow Jr. Sex Crimes Charges
- Brave: High School Receptionist Serenades Students With Iconic Song Over Intercom
- A-Boogie Wit Da Hoodie’s Epic Pop Up On Tory Lanez At Birthday Birthday Bash Gave Us Life [Exclusive Video]
- Dave Chappelle Is Pushing Maryland’s Next Potential Governor To Legalize Weed