Are you ready for Essence Fest 2018? Every year for the July 4th weekend fans head to New Orleans for Essence Fest. This year will be the same and they have a special lineup of artist for your entertainment.
According to OkayPlayer, the headliners of the show include Janet Jackson, Mary J. Blige, Erykah Badu and Jill Scott. Fans better get ready because they also will get to see 112, Daniel Caesar, MC Lyte and more. There will be a special performance by The Roots with Badu and Scott, which will be one of the highlights of the show.
Badu recently came under fire for saying she “saw something good in Hitler.” She went on Twitter to explain herself and said, “People are in real pain. So I understand why my ‘good’ intent was misconstrued as ‘bad,’” In trying to express a point, I used 1 of the worst examples possible, Not to support the cruel actions of an unwell, psychopathic Adolf Hitler, but to only exaggerate a show of compassion.” We can’t wait to see what more Essence Fest has in store this year.
RELATED: “Essence” Is Black-Owned Again!
- Lupe Fiasco Drops ‘DROGAS Wave’ LP [LISTEN]
- Rickey Smiley Comedy Explosion Register To Win
- ‘Stranger Things’ Star Millie Bobbi Brown Defends Lovely Friendship With Drake
- Are Kanye West and The Carters Back on Good Terms?
- Fresh Prince Of Moves: The Best Videos From The #ICarlton Dance Challenge
- Ex Beyoncé Drummer Claims Singer Using “Dark Magic” To Sexually Molest Her
- NEVER FORGET: You’ll Never Guess Where Shawty Lo’s Casket Went After His Funeral
- Kanye West’s Criticism Of Twitter Could Lead CEO To Change Follower Feature
- Lil Wayne’s “Tha Carter V” Didn’t Drop & Fans Are Outraged
- Man Charged After Faking Down Syndrome And Making Caregivers Bathe Him To Get Aroused