As we lay George Floyd to rest, one of three memorials were held yesterday (June 4) in Minneapolis. There will be two memorials to follow in North Carolina, where he was born and Houston, Texas, where he lived prior to moving to Minnesota. Reverend Al Sharpton says there is a march on Washington planned in August that will be led by other black families who have experienced death by the hands of police officers.
The case of Ahmaud Arbery just got deeper with more evidence that he was being hunted by the group of white men much more than the video showed.
Finally, today is Breonna Taylor’s birthday so #SayHerName and continue to fight for justice for her.
Text “RICKEY” to 71007 to join the Rickey Smiley Morning Show mobile club for exclusive news. (Terms and conditions).
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK. FOLLOW US ON TWITTER AND INSTAGRAM. SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE.
HEAD TO THE RICKEYSMILEYMORNINGSHOW.COM HOMEPAGE
Here Are The Changes Already Made Due To The George Floyd Protests
15 photos Launch gallery
1. Los Angeles, California: City Officials Cutting $100-$150 Million From LAPD Budget, Funds To Be Reinvested In Communities Of Color
1 of 15
2. Philadelphia statue of Frank Rizzo that stood in front of the Municipal Service Building has been removed.
2 of 15
3. The Statue of Confederate General Robert E Lee Will Be Removed
3 of 15
4. The 6 Atlanta Police Officers Who Used Excessive Force Arrested
4 of 15
5. UNITY: All 50 States Protest For Justice
5 of 15
6. Progress - Portland Discontinues Armed Police Presence
6 of 15
7. After Nationwide Outcry, The Charges Were Upgraded & The 3 Others Arrested
7 of 15
8. Minnesota Terminates Contract With Police Dept.
8 of 15
9. The Demand To End 'No Knock Warrants' In Louisville, KY After The Murder Of Breonna Taylor
9 of 15
10. Councilwoman Ella Jones made history when she was elected as the first Black mayor of Ferguson, Missouri.
10 of 15
11. Sweeping Changes Across The State of Iowa
11 of 15
12. Colorado police accountability bill passes first hurdle
12 of 15
13. Louisville Police Are Now Required To Wear Body Cameras After Breonna Taylor Shooting
13 of 15
14. A 176-Year-Old Slave Auction Block Has Been Removed From Fredericksburg, Virgina
14 of 15
15. Alabama City Removes Confederate Statue
15 of 15
Front Page News: The Latest On The Cases Of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, and Ahmaud Arbery [WATCH]
was originally published on