Congressman David Scott has announced Scholarship Opportunities that are available for Georgia students. High school seniors, full-time undergraduate, graduate or professional school students with a minimum 2.5 grade point average can apply. First, go on-line to fill out the application and submit it to the Congressional Black Caucus office. http://davidscott.house.gov/News/DocumentSingle.aspx?DocumentID=228548
Secondly, print out the application to submit a hard copy to Congressman’s Scott’s Jonesboro or Smyrna district office. Along with the hard copy application, include a packet containing the items listed below. The deadline date for submission is Monday, March 28, 2011.
Application Packet materials:
1. 500 -1,000 Word Personal Statement Essay. Respond to all of the following topics in one cohesive essay:
- Future goals: What field of study (major) do you plan to pursue? Why have you chosen that field? How will this field of study help you to achieve your future career goals?
- Involvement in school activities, community and public service, hobbies and sports: What are your special talents and other areas of interest?
- Deserving of scholarship: How will receiving this award affect your current and future plans?
- Other experiences, skills or qualifications: What else do you feel should be considered in reviewing your application?
2. Copy of Federal Student Aid Report
3. A recent picture suitable for publication
4. Two (2) letters of recommendation. At least one should come from a community or public service leader such as a pastor, civic or volunteer organizer.
5. One (1) page resume listing extracurricular activities, honors, employment, community service and special skills
6. Sealed transcripts from all schools, universities, colleges and institutions attended