Nearly 24 years ago Nas gave us the “Illmatic” album. It is known as a classic hip-hop album that showed off his amazing rap talent. According to Revolt, Nas was recently honored by the New York City’s mayor’s office and then delivered a concert like we’ve never seen before.
He put a twist on the classic “Illmatic” album by rapping with the National Symphony Orchestra. The performance was in Washington, D.C. at the Kennedy Center. He performed “It Aint’t Hard to Tell,” N.Y. State of Mine” and more.
During his performance the rapper said, “Thank you for giving me 20 years of your ears.” Watch the performance and let us know your thoughts of it. We wonder if more rappers will do unforgettable performances like this.
RELATED: Did Nicki Minaj & Nas Breakup?
- 5 National Anthem Performances As Bad (Or Worse) Than Fergie’s
- Another State Wants To Ban Saggy Pants And Twitter Can’t Deal
- 10 Hysterical Gifs Of Tituss Burgess That Every 20-Something Can Relate To
- Natalie Portman And Oscar Isaacs Bring Us Behind The Scenes Of Annihilation On Extra Butter
- 7 Skits That Show Jordan Peele Was Thinking About Race Way Before ‘Get Out’
- Watch: Beware ‘Black Panther’ Clapbacks If You’re A White Face In A Black Space
- UberEats Driver Denied Bond In Fatal Shooting Of Morehouse Graduate
- LOL! Millennials Would Still Dominate The Olympics If These Were Real Events
- HAUTE OR NAUGHT: Kerry Washington Looks Like A Floral Fantasy In Dolce And Gabbana
- Help Out A FREE After School Arts Program for Inner City ATL!