Mary J. Blige is friends with a lot of people in the entertainment industry. The singer was up for two Oscar nominations, one for Best Supporting Actress and Best Original Song for “Mudbound.” According to Ebony, Jay-Z and Beyoncè threw a party to celebrate her accomplishments.
The event took place at Chateau Marmont and was decorated in old-school Hollywood glamour. There were only 150 people invited to the private affair and guest included Diddy, Jesse Williams, Nas and several others. Blige said, “The fam is doing something big for us tonight, I feel really blessed to have people that care about me that much. I care about them that much and it just feels really good.”
She didn’t take home any awards, but was happy to celebrate. Blige recently settled her divorce from Kendu Issacs and is looking forward to what she will do next with her career. Go head Mary J. Blige!
RELATED: Mary J. Blige Settles Divorce
- Keith Ellison’s Political Opponents Are Trying Every Trick In The Book To Beat Him
- La La And Carmelo Anthony Back Together? [EXCLUSIVE]
- Leah’s Lemonade: Cardi B “I Want To Protect My Baby’s Identity Until I’m ready”
- Leah’s Lemonade: Ella Mai Opens Up About “Trip” Remix Controversy
- Stacey Abrams On Steady Grind Rallying Against Voter Suppression Ahead Of Midterms
- “The Nanny” Reboot With Cardi B? [VIDEO]
- LMAO: Flaky Weather Has NY’ers Hella Confused & More Irritable Than Usual
- Pusha T Says He Found Out About Drake’s Son Because Of Noah “40” Shebib
- Here’s The Real Reason Why A Black Female Lawmaker Left Office In Vermont
- Black Poetry Day: 5 Dope Poets You Should Follow On Instagram — ASAP
Beyoncè & Jay-Z Throw Mary J. Blige An Oscar After Party was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com