Mary J. Blige is friends with a lot of people in the entertainment industry. The singer was up for two Oscar nominations, one for Best Supporting Actress and Best Original Song for “Mudbound.” According to Ebony, Jay-Z and Beyoncè threw a party to celebrate her accomplishments.
The event took place at Chateau Marmont and was decorated in old-school Hollywood glamour. There were only 150 people invited to the private affair and guest included Diddy, Jesse Williams, Nas and several others. Blige said, “The fam is doing something big for us tonight, I feel really blessed to have people that care about me that much. I care about them that much and it just feels really good.”
She didn’t take home any awards, but was happy to celebrate. Blige recently settled her divorce from Kendu Issacs and is looking forward to what she will do next with her career. Go head Mary J. Blige!
RELATED: Mary J. Blige Settles Divorce
- There Has Been A Cyberattack On Atlanta; City Being Held On Ransom
- Here’s What Happens When You Take A Famous Quote And Make It More ‘Millennial’
- Friday Shmood: Try These Moves Without Breaking Your Neck, Back & Everything In Between
- This Kid’s Poem About Not Having A Dad Is Heartbreaking
- Fiend: Playa Chit, No Limit Reunion, Major Independent Moves And More
- Will Smith Takes Us Through A History Of Theme Songs In A Lit Performance
- That Moment When You’re Trying To Take It Slow, But Your Inner Hoe Is Dying To Come On Out
- James R., Miami Tip, & More Keep It A Stack About What’s Really Going Down in Their DMs
- FLY Review: ‘Pacific Rim: Uprising’ Is Nothing Like The First Film & That’s Perfectly Fine
- Trouble & Mike Will Made It Release ‘Edgewood’ Album