As we approach Martin Luther King Jr. day, Jeff Johnson talked about how going to say the “ I Have A Dream” speech isn’t enough. Johnson talked about how when King was killed he was challenging people. He also talked about how he was a leader that evolved and did more than just fight civil rights issues.
If we are celebrating him we must do more than just say a speech. Johnson also talked about how we need to support and watch the NAACP Image Awards. It is about our culture, our movies, our music and it’s a show that celebrates us.
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” 6am ET.
- Dear White [And Black] People: Here’s Why Blackface Will Never Be ‘OK’
- Folks Are Pushing Back Against Increasing GOP Early Voting Suppression Efforts
- 2018 Record Deals: See Who Got Signed
- Cardi B Is Back WIth “Money” [NEW MUSIC]
- GOP Plan To Shame Stacey Abrams For Burning Georgia’s Racist Confederate Flag Backfires
- Niecy Nash Stars In Hilarious Satire About A Hotline For Racists
- Lakeith Stanfield Wanted To Let That Thang Swang For ‘Sorry To Bother You’ [Video]
- Mario Answers All The Questions Women Want To Know [Exclusive Interview]
- Tracy Chapman Sues Nicki Minaj For Unauthorized Sample
- Are The Falcons Back On Track After Their Win Against The Giants? [POLL]