Jordan Peele won Best Original Screenplay at the Oscars this past weekend. During his speech backstage he was overjoyed and talked about how he wanted to give up on his future goals, but was inspired by Whoopi Goldberg’s acceptance speech. Goldberg won an Oscar for Best Supporting Actress and talked about how she wanted this all of her life.
Peele when he was younger looked up to directors such as Spike Lee and the Hughes Brothers, but never thought he could do what they did. Between that speech and several Black directors it made him stop doubting himself. He even called and thanked Goldberg when he found out he was nominated.
During his speech, Peele said, “I’m so proud to be a part of a time where I feel like the best films in every genre are being brought to me by my fellow directors.” Peele wants every person to know that they need to keep pushing and not doubt themselves.
- So Cute: Serena Williams & Daughter Olympia Flaunt Matching Outfits In New Stuart Weitzman Campaign
- Dr. Ian Smith Explains Why He’s ‘Worried’ About Public Reaction To Johnson & Johnson Vaccine [WATCH]
- Christopher Wray Said The FBI Is Not ‘Systemically Racist.’ History Shows That’s A Lie
- Kelly Rowland Just Launched A Fashion Collection With JustFab And It’s Amazing
- Netflix’s Biggie Doc Revists When His Mom Tossed His Crack In The Garbage Thinking It Was Mash Potatoes
- Civil Rights Activist & Bill Clinton Adviser Vernon Jordan Has Died
- Black Girl Joy: Regina King Crashes Andra Day’s Interview After Historic Golden Globe Win
- COVID Anniversary, Officially 1 Year; Mo Quick Talks To Dr. Drummond About Why He Thinks We Should Take the COVID Vaccine
- It’s Lit and Under Surveillance: Travis Scott Under Investigation For Allegedly Breaking COVID Rules
- Chloé Zhao Makes History As First Asian Woman To Win Best Director For ‘Nomadland’ At Golden Globes